PDA

View Full Version : 6800nu agp rate

Quick420
10-03-05, 10:45 AM
When I added coolbits to the regisrty to enable all features of display properties I was surprised to find out that my agp rate say's pci mode? WTH? I just formatted and installed the 77.77 whql drivers for nvidia.com.Is there another way to ensure it is indeed running at 8x agp mode? I will go d/load powerstrip and see what it does.....BTW I unlocked the card with no artifacts and a starting O/C of 390/875,the card is idle at 47C.

agentkay
10-03-05, 11:14 AM
What coolbits did you use? This one entry is plenty enough, just enables the overclocking tab and the additional direct3d settings tab, but most of all, it doesnt change mess with the agp rate:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:00000003

BTW, Im pretty certain that your card should still be running at normal speed, even if it says PCI mode. Just make a benchmark and post the score and Im sure it will be compareable to other scores.

ViN86
10-03-05, 12:43 PM
are your GART drivers installed for your motherboard?

also, plz list hardware, thx ;)

PikachuMan
10-03-05, 01:12 PM
Benchmarks can be misleading, I recall 3DMark2005 giving me a pretty normal score, even though I didn't have motherboard/agp drivers installed (ie it was in "PCI Mode".)

Quick420
10-03-05, 01:59 PM
Ok here's the specs
A7n8x-x Mobo
XFX 6800,unlocked,77.77 whql drivers
Nforce2 drivers(came with board-including gart)(2.10 I believe)

Aside from this pci problem my system appears to be working correctly.All my drives are correctly recognized,H/D-dma mode 6,dvd&cd dma mode 4-2 respectively.

Maybe the latest chipset drivers will solve this? I'd hate to run into troubles after changing them though

TierMann
10-03-05, 02:18 PM
5.10 should work fine for you. My A7N8X-LA is the same board with just about the same bios except for firewire. Give them a try. Games seem ok in pci mode here, but apps like Poser 5&6 are slow as heck at tracking until I install the gart drivers.
Here's a link to them if you want to give them a try...
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/5.10/nForce_5.10_WinXP2K_WHQL_english.exe

j0j081
10-04-05, 03:54 AM
It says PCI mode because AGP is an advanced version of PCI in a sense. If you look at the slider it should say either 4 or 8X which is the key.

Quick420
10-10-05, 08:39 AM
I used nvbios editor to backup my original bios and then edit it to up the voltage to 1.4volts.Stock is 1.2 volts.Now my clocks reach 420/890,idle at 53 degrees.I pulled a 74.3fps Doom3 high settings benchmark so it appears the card is prettty fast now :D

rewt
10-10-05, 02:51 PM
What coolbits did you use? This one entry is plenty enough, just enables the overclocking tab and the additional direct3d settings tab, but most of all, it doesn´t change mess with the agp rate:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:00000003

BTW, I´m pretty certain that your card should still be running at normal speed, even if it says PCI mode. Just make a benchmark and post the score and I´m sure it will be compareable to other scores.

Speak for yourself. That one entry is not enough for many people. Especially those with SLi. Besides, Coolbits doesn't mess with AGP rates, it simple adds the page that allows you to change it.

agentkay
10-10-05, 03:50 PM
Speak for yourself. That one entry is not enough for many people. Especially those with SLi. Besides, Coolbits doesn't mess with AGP rates, it simple adds the page that allows you to change it.

The threadstarter was talking about coolbits and OC and since he mentioned the same driver version that I have, I have asked further questions to possibly find the problem. That one entry is enough if you dont want anything more than the OC tab and if people want to use more hidden tabs, then they can... so what?

rohit
10-11-05, 04:24 PM
What windows are you using?
Xp or 98se?
I still get the problem of PCI in 98, i did everythin, installed gart drivers, re-installed 98... but its useless.
In XP its fine