PDA

View Full Version : NEED Watercooling Suggestions and help cpu/vga on the cheap, non conductive, 6600 gt

bugmage
10-03-05, 09:02 PM
Ok heres my system
aspire cube
**** load of fans
amd skt 939 3400 which i cant overclock past 215hz
6600 gt
2 gigs of ram

right now the processor hits 60* at load with the zalman 90 mm cooler, the grafix card idles at 54 then climbes to 70+ and craps out

Im sick of air cooling, what I want now i a cheap water cooling system, I move my case around a lot so i want somethign stable and internal

I was going to get this one seen here
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040920/water_cooling-03.html
but i cant find it or one of it thats at their price of $115

and use this stuff here
MCT-5 Non-Conductive Fluid

Can you guys help me fine a vga/cpu cooler that doenst need a drive bay and is internal??? on the cheap around $100?, I was thingking of buying the parts and making it, they have some cool cpu blocks on ebay but idk im having no luck. HELP thanks guys U RULE!
(and title of thread not to be confused with i have a cheap watercooling system that crashed my 6600 gt):angel:

ps fear demo is awsome on 6600 gt full, little slow but still smooth

toxikneedle
10-03-05, 10:44 PM
If you by aspire cube you mean X-qpack, you'll need to do some kind of a modification to get a WC set-up.

bugmage
10-03-05, 11:12 PM
well I have room for the pump on the side above and forward of the pci slots, and I can slam the radiator right on the 120 mm fan, Ive moded it a lot already for example i have hexagonal mesh on the side not that cheap plastic, and many many other things, im just looking for a kit or some good parts to builde one, no matter what i do i cant lower my temps, i hit 80 today and i couldent play bf2 for more than 10 min at a time w/o a crash

Peoples-Agent
10-04-05, 12:56 AM
Buy a new case?

bugmage
10-04-05, 01:00 AM
lol ok the case is besided the point, im goingfor water cooling and i just built the computer + i like the aspire portability, anyway what do you guys think of this

http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/super_cooling/Coolwave/stormcool3/p2.htm

bugmage
10-04-05, 01:18 AM
hmm this one looks nicer, little more setup but thats ok

http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/super_cooling/evercool/wc_202/

bugmage
10-04-05, 01:51 AM
well i found a new WC-202 for 85 including ship on ebay, it looks like a real good deal, all the temps seem to stay below 50 on load, what do you guys think??

maddbomber83
10-04-05, 05:33 AM
if the specs look like it will fit then get it. you could always make paper boxes that are the same size as the specs and put them in the case just to be sure before you buy. A buddy of mine bought a kit (not sure what one) and the radiator/fan did not fit in the case. He cut a hole on the the side and mounted it on the outside of the case.
I personaly prefer the easy setup of Koolance cases, but that's not an option at your target price point.

Oh, on my coolance case, the load temps for the gpu/cpu both max out about 51/52. At that temp the coolant temp goes from 35 most the time to 36 (@ 36 the fans hit thier first speed up). So if that kit can keep your stuff in the 50's then I would say that's a good deal.

bugmage
10-04-05, 09:20 AM
yeah i think ill buy it right now, i right sell my comp on ebay and start from scratch