PDA

View Full Version : Agp voltage in bios setting

Quick420
10-04-05, 09:42 AM
On the back of my card (xfx6800nu) is a sticker which among other things states 1.6v Am I to assume that in my m/b bios the agp needs to be set to 1.6v? I can go all the way to 1.9v.I'll wait to hear from you guys to see what to do...thnx m8's

agentkay
10-04-05, 11:19 AM
Well the standard voltage should be 1.5v, at least thats what I always heard and its AFAIK the standard AGP voltage. If you donīt have any stability problems or other weird issues wiht 1.5v, then leave it at that or use the "auto" setting in the BIOS, if available.

I donīt think 1.6v would damage anything, but why bother if its already stable and working fine with 1.5v.

|MaguS|
10-04-05, 11:22 AM
Don't touch it... leave it at 1.5v.

Quick420
10-05-05, 12:52 PM
Might as well add to the thread....I have made some sweet heatsinks from old p1 heatsinks,Some are round,square,rectangular etc.Can these be affixed with Krazy Glue?To the memory,mofsets, etc? I am pretty sure that Krazy Glue does not conduct electricity,but will transfer heat,anyone know for sure:confused:

saturnotaku
10-05-05, 12:57 PM
Might as well add to the thread....I have made some sweet heatsinks from old p1 heatsinks,Some are round,square,rectangular etc.Can these be affixed with Krazy Glue?To the memory,mofsets, etc? I am pretty sure that Krazy Glue does not conduct electricity,but will transfer heat,anyone know for sure:confused:

Bad idea. Pick up some Artic Alumina thermal adhesive instead. It's specifically designed for that type of application and doesn't conduct electricity. I've used it on a couple video cards with excellent results.

Quick420
10-05-05, 01:54 PM
Will Do :cool: Just told the wifey to pick some up at the local shop:p I'm also grabbing a 80mm fan and am planning on attaching it with the mounting holes already on th card :D