PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G5 Setpoint Software

Knacki99
10-04-05, 11:23 AM
Can anyone please upload the english setpoint software of the G5 laser mouse to www.rapidshare.de? It's free...

Thanks in advance.

|MaguS|
10-04-05, 11:25 AM
Why would you need it? If you have a G5 mouse it should have came with it...

saturnotaku
10-04-05, 12:12 PM
Can anyone please upload the english setpoint software of the G5 laser mouse to www.rapidshare.de? It's free...

Thanks in advance.

Better idea - go to www.logitech.com, set your region to the USA/N. America and simply download it yourself. Their servers are pretty quick.

Knacki99
10-04-05, 12:42 PM
There is no download available. And I bought the G5 used. The guy forgot the CD. Bummer.

Rakeesh
10-04-05, 01:37 PM
Looks like it isn't.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=322,CONTENTID=11017

What is the software needed for anyways? AFAIK all of the features of logitech mice are supposed to work without drivers.

superklye
10-04-05, 01:42 PM
I installed the SetPoint drivers for my MX1000 and then KEM.exe wouldn't load or something so I unistalled them. The mouse still works, all the buttons function correctly, except I can't get the speed up to where I like it. Even maxing the cursor speed in Control Panel isn't fast enough and I can't get their damned software to work. :mad:

|JuiceZ|
10-04-05, 01:49 PM
He needs the newer version of Setpoint that came with the G5 in order to fully utilize the programmabilty of his mouse. Currently that version is not avail for d/l off Logitech's site that why he was asking if someone could upload it.

saturnotaku
10-04-05, 01:53 PM
Is it just an .exe like you can download from Logitech, or would someone have to put an .iso image up?

Knacki99
10-04-05, 01:54 PM
He needs the newer version of Setpoint that came with the G5 in order to fully utilize the programmabilty of his mouse. Currently that version is not avail for d/l off Logitech's site that why he was asking if someone could upload it.

Thanks. That is what i was trying to express.

Knacki99
10-04-05, 01:57 PM
Is it just an .exe like you can download from Logitech, or would someone have to put an .iso image up?

Its just the .exe installer file from the cd. Should be around 30megs.

Ninjaman09
10-04-05, 01:58 PM
I'll have it in a couple of days...I just ordered one. :D

Knacki99
10-05-05, 03:22 AM
someone please?

Ninjaman09
10-06-05, 01:42 PM
It's actually about 70MB, 66MB RAR'd. Rapidshare only allows 50MB per file, I've never done a split archive before, and I don't know how (the documentation is not very informative) so if any of you guys can give me some quick instructions I can get it uploaded.

edit: I think I did it, if so it'll be uploaded in a little while.

edit 2: Yep, it worked. However we are on a regular DSL line here so it will take about 40 minutes to upload. I'll post the links when it's done.

saturnotaku
10-06-05, 01:44 PM
It's actually about 70MB, 66MB RAR'd. Rapidshare only allows 50MB per file, I've never done a split archive before, and I don't know how (the documentation is not very informative) so if any of you guys can give me some quick instructions I can get it uploaded.

I've spilt archives with WinRAR before. WinACE does it as well. Both were fairly easy to use IIRC (I use PowerArchiver exclusively now).

Ninjaman09
10-06-05, 02:51 PM
OK here it is:

Part 1: http://rapidshare.de/files/5953889/g5setpoint.part1.rar.html
Part 2:http://rapidshare.de/files/5954902/g5setpoint.part2.rar.html
Driver folders - sorry missed these on the first RAR (extract these into the folder you extracted the first two)http://rapidshare.de/files/5955530/g5setpointdrivers.rar.html

Enjoy!

jAkUp
10-06-05, 02:59 PM
So how is the mouse? I've been deciding on the G5 or Copperhead... I finally settled on the Copperhead yesterday.

Ninjaman09
10-06-05, 03:13 PM
I'm still at work so I haven't had a chance to try it out in games yet. Ergonomically it is very very nice - first of all, I never used the second side button, and I use mouse gestures to navigate, so I actually was happy that they got rid of it. They took away the stupid app-switch button and put the sensitivity-adjust ones below the wheel, which was an excellent decision. The mouse has a "rough" texture now instead of a smooth plastic one, and it is VERY well built. It feels a lot sturdier than the MX518. Additionally the cursor just feels smoother on the desktop. Maybe my imagination, maybe not. I'll know better once I get home. Anyway I really like this thing so far. :D

Knacki99
10-07-05, 05:47 PM
THANKS! Which version is it?