PDA

View Full Version : Everest and SLI temps

Strahd
10-04-05, 10:33 AM
I just went SLI and I use Everest to monitor fans and temperature since it's the only program I have found that will monitor my GPU temps as well as the system temps/fans. Anyway, before I enabled SLI and I checked on my temps, Everest reported GPU:1 as 44C idle and reported GPU ambient temp and tells me the GPU fan speed. GPU:2 reported 44C and it reported GPU ambient tempand GPU fan speed. Also it reported my GPU Vcc voltage.

After I enabled SLI and rebooted, all I get now is GPU:1 and GPU:2 temps and they are 10c higher! WTF? I also lost the GPU ambient temp reporting,the GPU Vcc, and no more GPU fan speed. Now in SLI mode, my GPU temps are 54C idle. So after that, I disabled SLI and rebooted and Everest went back to reporting each GPU as I described above. So my questions are:

1) Is there a program that will report system/GPU temps/fans/voltage etc better then Everest?

2) Why in the hell am I getting a reported 10c increase in temperature when I enable SLI AND I lose GPU ambient, GPU Vcc, and GPU fan speed?

3) Is anyone else having this? Can other SLI owners try Everest in and out of SLI and see if Everest reports the same?

Anyone shed some light on this I'd be grateful because it's frustrating. Rig is in my sig. I sure like the idea of having both GPU's at 44c idle and although 54c is still not bad in SLI mode, I would rather have it at 44c :)

Strahd
10-04-05, 04:02 PM
I can't believe no one here can help me with this :(

PSYCHODAD
10-04-05, 04:09 PM
I use Everest with SLI. Here's a pic.

Strahd
10-04-05, 04:13 PM
Your Everest looks like mine (without the GPU fan speed and GPU Vcc) when I have SLI disabled.

Can you verify you have SLI enabled please?

PSYCHODAD
10-05-05, 02:21 AM
Your Everest looks like mine (without the GPU fan speed and GPU Vcc) when I have SLI disabled.

Can you verify you have SLI enabled please?

How's this?

Strahd
10-05-05, 10:18 AM
This doesn't tell me if you have SLI enabled and what driver version are you using btw? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

PSYCHODAD
10-05-05, 10:31 AM
Yeah, sli is enabled. If you look at the Nvcp you can see both cards listed which only happens in sli mode afaik. 78.05 Xtreme-G drivers.

Strahd
10-05-05, 10:39 AM
Maybe it's a driver issue since I'm still using eVGA's recommended 77.77 drivers. I didn't notice that both cards were listed in SLI, I will have to check that when I get home.

Don't you think your cards are idling high? is 59c your normal idle and what is your max temps?

PSYCHODAD
10-05-05, 10:51 AM
Don't you think your cards are idling high? is 59c your normal idle and what is your max temps?

Max temps usually get into the mid 70s range. Before I replaced the stock coolers on the cards, the idle temps were in the 70+ range and max temps over 100c.

Had these cards about 9 months now and they're still working fine.

Strahd
10-05-05, 11:19 AM
Would you do me a favor since you are the only one trying to help me. Can you disable your SLI and tell me what your temps are? I'm curious to see if your temps are reported lower with SLI disabled vs SLI being enabled.

Also one more thing, do you normally use Everest for monitoring.

Again, thanks for the help!

dilidolo
10-05-05, 11:33 AM
Everest tells my CPU temp is 128c while in fact, it's only 33c. I won't trust it at all.

Strahd
10-05-05, 12:19 PM
Everest tells my CPU temp is 128c while in fact, it's only 33c. I won't trust it at all.

So what do you use?

PSYCHODAD
10-05-05, 12:40 PM
Would you do me a favor since you are the only one trying to help me. Can you disable your SLI and tell me what your temps are? I'm curious to see if your temps are reported lower with SLI disabled vs SLI being enabled.

Also one more thing, do you normally use Everest for monitoring.

Again, thanks for the help!

I use Everest and the Ntune utility and they usually report the same temps.
Next time I fire up my sli rig, I'll disable sli and check temps.

Strahd
10-05-05, 01:04 PM
I use Everest and the Ntune utility and they usually report the same temps.
Next time I fire up my sli rig, I'll disable sli and check temps.

Thanks alot. I can't believe no one else would help me with this :(

PSYCHODAD
10-05-05, 07:14 PM
I also show a lower temp with sli disabled, but Ntune and Nvcp show higher temps.