PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360. What have you preordered?

Mr_LoL
10-04-05, 02:22 PM
Just wondering. I have preordered the basic system with a memory card, Perfect Dark Zero and Project gotham racing. Total cost is 307. i dont need a hard drive.

|MaguS|
10-04-05, 02:28 PM
Theres a thread on this already...
http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55492

Mr_LoL
10-04-05, 02:37 PM
oops!!!!!!! Heh i did search 4 pages back though.

GamerGuyX
10-04-05, 02:43 PM
Just wondering. I have preordered the basic system with a memory card, Perfect Dark Zero and Project gotham racing. Total cost is £307. i dont need a hard drive.

You should of gotten the premium Xbox 360. The Hard Drive helps tremendously in a lot of games performance-wise. That's alright though, we can't all be hardcore gamers on this forum...

Mr_LoL
10-04-05, 02:45 PM
You should of gotten the premium Xbox 360. The Hard Drive helps tremedously in a lot of games performance-wise. That's alright though, we can't all be hardcore gamers on this forum...

Really? I havent really done my research. I thought the hardrive was just something to store games on and didny really help with performance.

|MaguS|
10-04-05, 02:52 PM
Hard Drive is not mandatory, It will be used for saved games and MP3s. Also if you plan to play online it will store online cache and downloads.

Developers could add an extra "Feature" to the games to detect if a HD is installed and then cache game content on them but by default this isn't required or even recommened at this moment..

msxyz
10-04-05, 02:53 PM
The hard drive will be used in some games to speed up the loading (thus as a temporary cache) and for savegames and the such instead of memory cards.

I've pre-ordered a core system, fully knowing what's the difference between the two and I don't regret it. The remote, the hard drive and the wireless controller don't really attract me to the point of forking out an additional 100€ for them.

As usual we europeans get ass raped: a japanese gamer will be able to purchase the premium version at 350$, or 290€ which is less what we pay for the core system

GamerGuyX
10-04-05, 02:57 PM
It's people that don't buy the premium Xbox 360 that piss me off. The more and more people that do that the less the hard drive will be taken advantage of by developers to improve performance and make a game better. Excuse me for being sickened when I hear of someone buying a core system.

*shiver*

Zelda_fan
10-04-05, 03:30 PM
Bethesda has already stated that Oblivion will run faster on XBOX's that have HDs.

I'm not pissed off at customers who don't buy a HD - hey it's their money. I AM pissed of at MS for not just makeing a HD part of the core package.

msxyz
10-04-05, 03:31 PM
It's people that don't buy the premium Xbox 360 that piss me off. The more and more people that do that the less the hard drive will be taken advantage of by developers to improve performance and make a game better.

If Microsoft felt that the Hard Drive is to be regarded as an optional (unlike current Xbox) you cannot blame customers that decide to buy the cheaper version because they'd rather invest the additional 100 €/$ in games or more important accessories.

I'm not pissed off at customers who don't buy a HD - hey it's their money. I AM pissed of at MS for not just makeing a HD part of the core package.You beated me ! :)

GamerGuyX
10-04-05, 11:59 PM
If Microsoft felt that the Hard Drive is to be regarded as an optional (unlike current Xbox) you cannot blame customers that decide to buy the cheaper version because they'd rather invest the additional 100 /$ in games or more important accessories.

What do you mean I "cannot blame customers"? Don't put words in my mouth, I am blaming the customers. How are you just going to tell me what I'm saying?

You do make a good point though in regards to Microsoft not putting a HD in every 360. :D But still. :mad:

Mr_LoL
10-05-05, 01:47 AM
Well I can always buy a hard drive in future when i think i need it.

Rakeesh
10-05-05, 03:00 AM
Nothing. I don't buy consoles unless:

A) They can be modded

and to follow that

B) They have something incredibly useful for multimedia stuff - e.g. XBMC.

msxyz
10-05-05, 04:00 AM
Well, It's a Microsoft product. You can bet hackers will find an exploit within one week from launch ! :D

Two weeks later you will be able to play with linux and every kind of emulator, maybe install MacOS X too :lol:

j0j081
10-05-05, 08:16 AM
I will not buy an xbox360 for one reason...the mtv launch party.