PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 Surround Problem with Line in

Arcrist
10-04-05, 06:58 PM
I had my line in playing through all speakers, then for some reason it only plays through the left speaker. I installed the new 5.1 drivers but that didnt work then back to an older driver but nothing. Also when i go into my guitar tracks pro program i get some error about my audio driver isnt set up for something or other.

Any ideas? it cant be that hard but i dont have the time to figure this one out on my own.

Thanks for help

CaptNKILL
10-04-05, 07:40 PM
How about some system specs?

Arcrist
10-04-05, 08:31 PM
Asus Sli board, onboard audio
athlon 3500+
dual nvidia geforce 6600gts
2gigs pc3200
dual raided 10k-rpm harddrives
and a mean powersupply :)

Arcrist
10-05-05, 12:23 PM
/bump still have problem

Arcrist
10-07-05, 04:30 AM
/bump still have problem, need help

Rakeesh
10-07-05, 11:07 AM
You know, it is generally bad etiquette to bump a thread before it hits the second page.

Your setup is also extremely uncommon for the average person in this forum. You'll need to specify exactly what sound board you have (just saying "onboard audio" doesn't work, you need to specify the exact brand, chipset, codec, etc) what drivers you have now, what drivers you had when the problem was still there, what you have tried to fix it, etc. Your description as is simply won't work at all.

Arcrist
10-07-05, 02:57 PM
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

other than that, i dont know where to look up what codes i have.

Arcrist
10-11-05, 06:17 PM
/bump still have problem

Arcrist
10-13-05, 06:48 PM
/bump why wont anyone help

Rakeesh
10-13-05, 11:26 PM
Well, for one you still aren't giving a description that is anywhere near adequate.

monkeydust
10-14-05, 05:15 AM
1. Your cable could be bad. I had this problem just a couple of weeks ago. I could only hear sound out of my right speaker from the signal on my line-in from my TV.
2. Your cables might not be plugged all the way in. I've had this happen before too.
3. Your line-in channel could be bad.

BrianG
10-14-05, 07:10 AM
/bump why wont anyone help
Let's count the reasons.

1) You can't tell us what driver you are running.

2) You haven't told what you are using the Line-In with.

3) You seem to want us to fix the problem for you.

4) You have already bumped this thread four times with out trying to help yourself.

5) You have time to post a thread, check the thread several times, bump it the four times mentioned above, but you "dont have the time to figure this one out" on your own.

Look dude, we can't magically look at your vague posts and *poof* fix your problem. Plenty of us here would love to help, but this win't enough to go on. Stop bumping and start troubleshooting. You have had ten days, I would thik you would have had a minute to spare...

Arcrist
10-14-05, 03:35 PM
Its obviously a software problem, because im using the same equipment that hasn't been moved around. Everything is as it was. Anways...when i turn on the equalizer on nvidia nvmixer i get sound from all speakers but theres a delay between my amp that i have my guitar plugged into, and the computer speakers.

Is that any help?

Edit: I turn Line-In off and i still get sound from my front left speaker, plus crackly from my back left. That should not be if line in is turned off...weird.