PDA

View Full Version : Castle Wolfenstein xbox 360

karkrash81
10-04-05, 08:41 PM
PlanetQuake says a new Wolfenstein game is in the works under Raven Software (with id supervising). Says a new graphics engine and will be a 360 exclusive at first, then followed by a PC release.

"Castle Wolfenstein" (id Software). id Software's newest chapter in the legendary "Wolfenstein" series will deliver players deep behind the enemy lines of a war-torn Germany, where Nazi experiments with technology and the supernatural threaten to turn the tide of World War II. Utilising a revolutionary new graphics technology targeted specifically at next-generation hardware, this new "Wolfenstein" experience will draw players into a world of unmatched exploration, action and espionage."

brady
10-04-05, 08:58 PM
Id and their d3(modified?) engine love the 360 :D

Well, I've just sold my PSP and my lovely wife is letting me sell her Gamecube so I can get a 360. Now I just need to find some place to pre-order so I can get ready for all this next-gen sweatness! I think I may be a little to late for a first shipment pre-order though :o

karkrash81
10-04-05, 09:00 PM
RTCW was one of my favorite games. I hope this one lives up to expectations. Wonder if it's a completely new engine or a modified d3 engine?

Ruined
10-04-05, 09:49 PM
wolf3d remade in the doom3 engine would make me happy :D

Mr. Hunt
10-04-05, 09:49 PM
I HATED RTCW with a passion... I don't have any hopes for any new Wolfenstein :\.

Ninja Prime
10-05-05, 03:04 AM
Seriously now, where do these people get their ideas? "Hey, lets remake doom again." "No, lets remake quake for the forth time!" "No way, let's remake Wolf3d for the thrid time"

Great ideas. Not.

Bad_Boy
10-05-05, 06:18 AM
i didnt like rtcw, but i loved w:et
cant wait to see screens of this though.

karkrash81
10-05-05, 08:17 AM
well, i for one found rtcw a good alternative from the more realistic world war 2 shooters and think it'll help bring some variety to the genre.

i guess it is using an advanced version of the d3 engine...

critics really liked it so i hope this one maintains the same quality level...

|MaguS|
10-05-05, 11:59 AM
I liked RTCW, It could have gone without the goth parts and stuck to nazi combat but over all I enjoyed it.

If they go more WW2 based insted of goth in this version then I will be very pleased (and it would be another game to my list of x360 titles).

WOOT! Coming to PC!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135078.html

LiquidX
10-05-05, 06:47 PM
X05 video

http://www.gamersreports.com/index.php?action=media&sid=3779&type=stories&videos=1

karkrash81
10-13-05, 10:11 AM
But if you took out the goth parts would it be wolfenstien? I think that's what set it apart from medal of honor, and the rest of the ww2 shooters...

Since it's going to have 1 continuous gaming level does that mean the locale's basically one place? I wonder how this game, and future games will handle game areas set around the world without loading screens. While having no loading screens is cool, I hope it doesn't impact the variety of the levels...

Can't wait for this one...

russ_3d
10-13-05, 11:21 AM
as for level variety i hope that means that we will be getting realtime transport. that would be awesome in games. hop on the train and go to the next town etc. ;)

karkrash81
10-13-05, 02:29 PM
or maybe your character goes to sleep and the screen blacks out for second and then you're in the new locale...hmmm