PDA

View Full Version : eVGA e-GeForce 6800 GT

jillc70
10-04-05, 09:28 PM
Is anyone aware of any issues with this card? I have the 512 MB DDR3 PCI-E version installed on an Intel D955XBK mobo with a P4 Extreme Edition 3.73 GHz CPU. I am having problems installing Windows XP Pro and noticed this card is the only hardware I have that isn't on the Microsoft Windows XP hardware compatibility list.

I'm running out of ideas as to what is causing the problem and wondered if anyone has had trouble with this card.

Thanks.

mx125race
10-04-05, 09:29 PM
hope sum1 can help cuz i cant :( never heard of this problem

Carte_Blanche!
10-04-05, 09:50 PM
I am having problems installing Windows XP Pro and noticed this card is the only hardware I have that isn't on the Microsoft Windows XP hardware compatibility list.

What exactly is the error message you are getting? Can you describe your problem in more detail? Is this a freshly built computer? Give us more info...

:afro:

jillc70
10-04-05, 10:03 PM
Yes, this is a new build. I have had various errors, but I updated the BIOS today and am now getting the same error at the same point each time. After going through the initial setup, the Windows installation screen appears. It begins installing devices, but stops when the progress bar is about 1/2 to 2/3 across. I then get a stop error (0x000000F4) stating that a crucial process or thread has exited or been terminated. I doubt it's the video card, but I thought I'd ask anyway as I'm exploring all avenues.

The comp also has a Hitachi T7K250 SATA II hard drive, a Samsung IDE DVD-ROM (primary master), and a Plextor SATA DVD burner (disconnected right now).

Rytr
10-04-05, 10:21 PM
New memory? If so, you may need to test it.
If you are using two sticks try one then the other to see if it will load.
The error looks like a memory error to me.

jillc70
10-04-05, 11:55 PM
I ran memtest (6 or 7 passes) and found no errors. I am running the Windows memory diagnostic tool now - so far so good. If the memory passes both, it could still be incompatible with the motherboard, though, correct? The Patriot site and tech support stated the memory was compatible, but I've had memory before that claimed to be compatible and then caused weird things to happen to my computer.:confused:

Carte_Blanche!
10-06-05, 08:35 PM
I would suggest using a different Win XP installation CD. I've had a simular problem like this. Used another CD and it worked.

You might also try to contact Microsoft, they have free support for Installations.