PDA

View Full Version : CoD2 Release date Oct 25

DEaD_IRiS
10-04-05, 11:00 PM
According to an interview with IW chief Grant Collier he states CoD2 will be released Oct 25.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=60803

If ya got the money then it's gonna be a great three weeks.

If ya don't....then some pretty tough choices.

SH64
10-05-05, 12:00 AM
Oct gonna be an awesome month for PC gaming.

OWA
10-05-05, 01:04 AM
Wow, no kidding.

Mr_LoL
10-05-05, 01:57 AM
:drooling: Cant wait. i was thinking of waiting for the xbox360 version but i just cant wait:D

CaptNKILL
10-05-05, 02:06 AM
Im playing through CoD for the first time... seems pretty good. Its not blowing me away or anything but its fun. The graphics arent nearly as good as I remember them either... LOTS of really bland looking scenes with large flat surfaces with nasty looking repeating textures. I remember the demo looking much MUCH better than some of the levels I've been playing... it was 2 years ago though.

I might pick up CoD 2 though... the demo was sweet :D

XP_GUN
10-05-05, 02:07 AM
Aww man talk about spending the money this mouth lol ;)

Mr_LoL
10-05-05, 02:25 AM
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-3...l-of-Duty-2/p1/

Having been able to see both the PC version and the Xbox 360 version running side by side I can easily that it appears as though the Xbox 360 version comes out on top with a hefty framerate of 60fps while the PC version is currently running at the standard 30fps. The Xbox 360 version also appeared to have a bit more textural detail, which was more noticeable within the interiors of some of the buildings, which play a major role throughout the game. In every mission we played, there are a lot of situations that will require players to maneuver through buildings to clear them of enemies while also scouting for tactical vantage points and so on. The heightened level of detail also gave the Xbox 360 a nice boost as far as authenticity and realism goes, helping to further the sense of immersion while playing the game. It also seemed as though the Xbox 360 did a little bit better job of showing off some of the game’s special effects, particularly those concerning the use of smoke which also plays a key role in the gameplay. While playing through a mission called “Repairing the Wire” which took place in the cold Russian city of Stalingrad, I even overheard one of the members of the media covering the PC version mention they had never seen anything like the smoke effects being shown on the Xbox 360.

:mad:

lumpyhed
10-05-05, 03:23 AM
Meanwhile off camera an MS Representative holds in his hands a remote detonator to set off the bomb placed in the developers ass should he speak negatively of the 360. :p

SH64
10-05-05, 07:17 AM
Meanwhile off camera an MS Representative holds in his hands a remote detonator to set off the bomb placed in the developers ass should he speak negatively of the 360. :p

:lol:

Shaitan
10-05-05, 01:09 PM
LoL No wonder he had that odd look on his face. hehhehhhe

CaptNKILL
10-05-05, 01:11 PM
Did Gib volunteer to plant that bomb? :D

|MaguS|
10-05-05, 01:14 PM
I will probably get it but Im really disappointed that there is almost no physics or even ragdolls in the game.

DEaD_IRiS
10-05-05, 06:34 PM
The reason given for why the xbox360 version runs so well is that IW managed to utilize all three cores. On the first core they placed the "special effects", smoke and explosions I figure, on the second core they put the AI, and the rest they put on the third core.

It would be nice if they could put out some kind of patch for those PC users who run a dual-core system to utilize them, but it's probably alot harder than that.

CaptNKILL
10-05-05, 07:28 PM
Man, I dont know about this game now... Im playing through CoD and I might go as far as saying it sucks. The levels are really lame and the AI is terrible. I admit Im playing it on a high difficulty (though not the highest) but some of these levels are absolutely infuriating. I *HAD* to use a godmode cheat to get past the airfield level. What the hell were they thinking when they made that level anyway? Your team mates are worthless and dont shoot the enemies that are attacking you, and the enemies keep spawning constantly until the planes are all gone.

Now Im on stalingrad and Im weaponless. They say "one guy gets a gun, if he goes down, second guy gets his gun" or something like that, but any time anyone dies: THEY DONT DROP A F*CKING GUN!? Even if they have one, they drop nothing, it just vanishes. I kept dying because I didnt know where to go so I looked at a walkthrough and it says the MG42s supposedly "wont bother you"... my ass, they spray all over the map then lock on to you and shoot until you die (which is really fast at this difficulty).

I cant say Im impressed with this game at all... I think I'll be skipping the sequel :rolleyes:

six_storm
10-05-05, 08:32 PM
I saw CoD2 for the 360 and I was pretty impressed but . . . Do we really need another WW2 game? Seriously, I'd rather have a game about modern times war or futuristic combat, ya know? CoD2 is something I won't be picking up, sorry for the negativity.