PDA

View Full Version : LCD monitor popping/static noise

enyhr
10-05-05, 08:51 AM
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 150MP LCD monitor. Whenever I turn on the monitor for use it makes this annoying popping/crackling/hissing/static pulsating noise. It sounds what appears to be audio feedback. The noise is a continuous and slow repetative tempo, but when audio is played through the speakers, such as an mp3 file, the rate of the noise increases rapidly.

Previously, I would just play a music file, any music file, and maybe after 5-10 minutes the noise would stop. Now it dosen't stop at all. I've even tried leaving it on overnight and when I woke up in the morning the noise is still there.

Also, I have a Crystal SoundFusion sound card and my monitor is connected to the on board sound card, SoundMax.

What is the cause of this problem?
Is there anything I can do to remedy it?
Is there anything I need to know about LCD monitors?

Thanks

enyhr
10-06-05, 02:46 PM
Anyone?

nVidi0t
10-06-05, 06:56 PM
Sounds like a serious problem. I really have no idea what it could be but its obviously defective and in need of repair. So call Samsung asap.

enyhr
10-08-05, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I suppose you're right. I just figured I could get some answers before hand. Thanks anyway.

enyhr
10-12-05, 03:57 AM
Anyone else?

Pafet
10-12-05, 05:20 AM
Are you sure it's the LCD? Is the noise still there when it's unplugged? Did you try to connect the sound card to different speakers?
my brother onboard card does the same actually..

enyhr
10-13-05, 02:23 PM
Yes, I'm definite it's coming from the LCD. My apologies, I forgot to mention that it has built in speakers and 3 additional output sources: one for RCA, one for S-VHS, and one for antenna or coaxial. Hope this helps.