PDA

View Full Version : Black and White 2

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
10-05-05, 01:51 PM
Didn't this game come out yesterday? If so has anyone bought it yet? Any reviews out for it?

Superfly
10-05-05, 01:57 PM
Boo

Black and What??? - ill pass thanks.

|MaguS|
10-05-05, 02:19 PM
I'll look into it. I had fun with the first one just with screwing around...

Tygerwoody
10-05-05, 02:32 PM
I had fun with the first one just with screwing around...
yea same here. thats why i'm interested

Ninjaman09
10-05-05, 02:35 PM
Wow, I didn't know this was out! I thought the first one was neat, if they actually made it into a GAME, then I'm definitely interested.

Tygerwoody
10-06-05, 02:15 PM
bump.... anyone?

Clay
10-06-05, 02:18 PM
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/535410.asp

Edge
10-06-05, 02:37 PM
Wow, I didn't know this was out! I thought the first one was neat, if they actually made it into a GAME, then I'm definitely interested.

From the Gamespot review:

If you felt like Black & White needed more structure and "gameplay" to it, then you'll likely appreciate the changes.

DaveW
10-07-05, 02:29 PM
From the reviews it sounded like they dumbed down the creature aspect of the game and added a bunch of RTS stuff to it.

I liked the original Black and White. Slapping your creature around and teaching him to throw dung was the best part.

Tygerwoody
10-07-05, 02:53 PM
From the reviews it sounded like they dumbed down the creature aspect of the game and added a bunch of RTS stuff to it.

I liked the original Black and White. Slapping your creature around and teaching him to throw dung was the best part.
if they dumbed down the creature part like you said... i wont be buying this game. That definitely was the best part. It's pretty hard to make your creature evil. They look cool though :firedevil

max_5
10-09-05, 12:36 PM
I just picked up my copy yesterday and played a bit last night. I really liked the original so I had high hopes for this one.
First off I noticed the graphics are amazing, I didn't think it would ever look this good on my 6800GT, I have it at 1280*1024 2xaa 2xaf and its smooth.
The creature is definitely much smarter this time. So far its definitely better that the original in my book.
I'm going to go back to playing it now.

alfredog1976
10-09-05, 03:34 PM
Anyone have an SLI profile for this game that improves performance? Tried AFR & SFR with no performance improvement (7800 GTXs)

BioHazZarD
10-09-05, 04:19 PM
Ill skip this one too.. looks the performance isnt so great either. And yeah slapping the creature and such teaching him was fun if this is not then wtf have they done...

Edge
10-09-05, 04:32 PM

Actually the impression that I got is that the creature aspect was pretty much the same as it was before, EXCEPT that you can see what your creature is thinking so it's easier to get him to turn out the way you want. So you don't spend as much time observing what he's doing and waiting until he does something good/bad before you reward/slap him. Like they said in the Gamespot review, this can be good or bad depending on what you want out of the game: getting your creature to do what you want is now a bit easier, but it also takes away from some of the mystery and unpredictability so teaching your creature seems more mundane.

HowlingPhoenix
10-09-05, 07:16 PM
I've been playing this a little over the weekend and so far I like it better than the original. I play the game with a resolution of 1600x1200 and it runs great for me so far.

Mr. Hunt
10-09-05, 07:24 PM
I want to pick it up... and yet I don't have enough cash for this and the million other things coming out this month (let alone the rest of the year)... but I may just break down and buy it like I did the first without playing it first... ARGH!

Banko
10-09-05, 08:12 PM
I picked this up yesterday, Very nice game so far, but there seems to be performance issues.

Mathesar
10-09-05, 08:27 PM
For some reason this game runs like absolute crap at the res I normaly run games (1600x1024) even with Vsync and FSAA disabled, However when I tried 1280x800 it ran much better even with 2X FSAA enabled ,It's a pretty decent game I'm only the 2nd Island so far ,just learned how to make armorys and take over towns the "evil" way (tutorial).

max_5
10-09-05, 11:09 PM
I've been playing this game a lot more now and it is really fun. Im a bit addicted. I'm playing as a good god that also has an awesome army, and a caring pet that is lethal in battle.
Once you get the ball rolling in the right direction it really takes off and before you know it you have a huge city that everyone wants to come and join. That is something that I could never do in the original and it makes a big difference.

TB303
10-10-05, 04:19 PM
I've been playing this game a lot more now and it is really fun. Im a bit addicted. I'm playing as a good god that also has an awesome army, and a caring pet that is lethal in battle.
Once you get the ball rolling in the right direction it really takes off and before you know it you have a huge city that everyone wants to come and join. That is something that I could never do in the original and it makes a big difference.

What about yoru performance?

I'm on the third island playing at 1024x768 and max settings and it stuters like hell, avarage FPS of about 15-25 - and this is with the BETA drivers that are supposed to be optimised for this game...

max_5
10-10-05, 08:42 PM
I'm running the game at 1280*1024 2xaa 2xaf and it is quite smooth. I never play a game that lags. I have a p4 3.0, 6800GT overclocked to almost ultra, 2gigs ram. And the betas as well. I'm still surprised at how good it looks on my system.

zoomy942
10-10-05, 11:43 PM
its funny cause ther is more in this thread about the resolutions than the gameplay :) :) :)

stncttr908
10-10-05, 11:45 PM
I don't care what the reviews say. This game still has more character in it than any game I've played in a long while.

Holy Smoke
10-11-05, 12:35 PM
I don't care what the reviews say. This game still has more character in it than any game I've played in a long while.Hell, my cow has more character than most reviewers.

I'll be the first to admit that the game has severe issues, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying it. Then again, I liked the original.

|MaguS|
10-11-05, 12:41 PM
Can you still make your creatures throw their crap at villagers?