PDA

View Full Version : Digital Vibrance on TV output won't stay OFF

lalittle
12-31-02, 12:24 AM
I can't get the digital vibrance setting on my TV (secondary) display to stay "off." Every time an application switches the TV to full screen mode, it turns the digital vibrance back on, making the image look WAY too saturated. I have to go back into display properties every time and move the slider back down to the "off" position. I created a "custom setting," and checked the "automatically apply" box, but it still does the same thing and "unselects" my custom setting every time the TV goes full screen. I also tried turning off the "Nvidia Driver Helper Service," but the problem persists.

I also noticed that when I turn nView back to "standard," it forgets my previous "clone" settings. This means I have to go through and re-select all my settings (color, screen res, etc.) every time I turn off/turn on nView.

I'm using the 42.01 drivers, which I realize are beta, but I read too many posts about problems with the 40.72's and TV output (as well as other issues.) The card is a Leadtek GF4 Ti4600 on an Asus P4T-E, i850 motherboard with a P4 1.8Gig.

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

lalittle
01-01-03, 12:22 AM
I forgot to mention that this is on a Win2K system.

I enabled the "Media Center" icon on the taskbar, which makes it a bit easier to re-enable the TV color setting with digital vibrance turned off, but it's still quite annoying to have to do this EVERY time an app switches to full screen on the TV.

One odd thing I noticed is that the "hardware default" turns OFF the digital vibrance setting. In other words, when an app switches the TV to full screen, it sets the digital vibrance to "low," which is NOT the "hardware default."

I just want the digital vibrance to stay turned all the way down to "off."

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

lalittle
01-07-03, 02:06 AM
Can anyone confirm whether or not they are seeing this issue with ANY drivers? I'm just curious if this is unique to my system or not, and I don't want to reinstall a previous driver unless I have a good idea that it will solve this issue. Is anyone seeing or NOT seeing this issue with the 40.72's?

Thanks,

Larry

starla
05-15-03, 03:19 AM
I have this same problem and I haven't been able to found any sollution to it.

I'm using LeadTek A280 GF4 4200.

lalittle
05-15-03, 05:42 AM
Do you happen to know if the 44.03 drivers solve this issue? I read a post saying that the 43.45's and 43.51's still have this problem, but I'm not sure about the 44.03's yet.

Larry

starla
05-16-03, 05:18 AM
I installed 44.03 detonators yesterday and they still have that bug. I mailed to LeadTek but I haven't yet heard anything from them.

lalittle
05-17-03, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the response -- although it's very disappointing. I don't even know if nvidia knows about this since I don't know how to let them know. Leadtek can probably get the message to the right people, but it's unclear if your problem report will go that far -- hopefully it will.

Please let me know if you hear any updates on this, or if you hear of a solution.

Thanks,

Larry

starla
05-20-03, 12:08 PM
No response from LeadTek yet. I bet I won't get any response from them.

I also noticed that 44.03 drivers don't save screen position settings for tv-out. Some older (can't remember if all) drivers have saved it.

Flicker filter for tv-out seems to be also Broken. It doesn't do anything. Subtitles for DVD are a little bit annoying when I can't turn flicker filter on.

lalittle
05-22-03, 07:14 AM
Which TV chip does your card use? The Leadteks used either Phillips or Conexant on different versions of their cards.

The flicker filter issue is troubling. Having to turn off digital vibrance is a pain, but not being able to use ANY flicker filter is a downright deal breaker.

Larry

starla
05-22-03, 08:41 AM
Conexant

starla
05-29-03, 03:19 AM
Response from LeadTek:

"We had done the test about the nview operating process.

The display driver would always memorize the latest setting( including overlay setting and its overlay colour you had set for the secondary monitor (TV) althogh you change the nview mode clone back to standard then back to the clone mode again. The setting won't be default although you try to change the nview mode."

lalittle
05-29-03, 09:58 PM
Does that response make any sense to you? It doesn't seem to address digital vibrance at all.

Larry

starla
05-30-03, 01:53 AM
No, it didn't. Is there any way to send bug reports directly to Nvidia?

lalittle
05-30-03, 02:25 AM
Not that I know of.

I think they intentionally keep themselves cut off from the public so they don't get flooded with emails. Leadtek (or other manufacturers), however, CAN communicate with Nvidia. The problem is that the manufacturers don't ever seem to understand what people like you or I are talking about (the response you got is an example of this) so the information doesn't get to the right people.

I think the only thing we can do is keep bugging the manufacturers (like Leadtek) until the information gets to somebody who actually takes the time to understand it.

Larry