PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Kingsten valueram

bugmage
10-06-05, 12:00 PM
Well i built my system this summer and bought 2 single sticks of KVR 400hz
Sytem works fine, i can hit 8 3 2 with speeds, I know valueram is better, but for the price do you think i made a good choice? it gets 5k+ mb/s transfer speeds, however as far as overclocking i can only hit +15fst on my 2.2 ghz amd 3400 skt 939

what do you guys think about this ram, its nice and stable, adn do you think its safe to experiment with the ns settings in biose, right now i have them both at 5ns and 5ns, whats a good speed?

uOpt
10-09-05, 11:24 AM
I always use Kingston Value ECC in computers that produce things I need to have correct.

Never had a single problem.

Mind you the Value ECC comes with Samsung TCCC chips.

superklye
10-09-05, 12:32 PM
I don't like Kingston anymore. Unless things have changed, they are INCREDIBLY overpriced and I had a lot of problems in the past with them. I'm sticking to the super high-end stuff from now on.

CaptNKILL
10-09-05, 12:51 PM
I don't like Kingston anymore. Unless things have changed, they are INCREDIBLY overpriced and I had a lot of problems in the past with them. I'm sticking to the super high-end stuff from now on.
:lol:
Says the guy with Corsair ValueRam in his system :D

(hey, im using it too ;))

mx125race
10-09-05, 01:18 PM
I prefer the Corsair Value RAM, only $89 for 2x512 DDR400... one of www.newegg.com 's best sellers...

Rytr
10-09-05, 01:27 PM
I have used Kingston value ram and it was stable at rated speeds. Same for some Mushkin value ram I have for backup. You will be very lucky if you can push it much beyond rated speeds.

uOpt
10-11-05, 11:42 PM
I just checked and the prices for non-ECC value are just insane.

For value RAM I would go Geil, G.Skill or OCZ performance.

Slyder
10-12-05, 12:57 AM
:lol:
Says the guy with Corsair ValueRam in his system :D

(hey, im using it too ;))

lol.... yeah same as here thou... Corsair ValueSelect all the way baby ! :cool:

superklye
10-12-05, 01:29 AM
yeah, I only got it because it was on sale for like $85 or something.

Strahd
10-12-05, 10:30 AM
Kingston value ram has always been solid for me and even when I had a problem with it, they honored their lifetime warrenty and I got replacements. They don't OC very well if at all but at the rated speed they have been fine. You can definetly get just as good with Corsair or OCZ and save yourself some $

Lfctony
10-12-05, 12:31 PM
The big importers in Cyprus import 3 makes AFAIK. Mainly Kingston, some bring Infineon and recently TwinMos. Been using Kingston for ages, no problems whatsoever. I prefer them over the other 2 makes we have here, good reliable make IMHO.

Ringthane
10-12-05, 12:49 PM
The store I work at uses Kingston Value RAM every time a system needs RAM, and it's rarely failed us. Good stuff.

bugmage
10-14-05, 05:13 PM
yeah my rames the stablest thing in my comp if i push my kinsten 2 gigs anyware below normal timming ill get errors, but im hoping to fix it with some water cooling, maybe it wil go down more