PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about fans

Strahd
10-06-05, 01:05 PM
Hey all. I have fans in my Lian-Li case but they do not have RPM sensors in them. I have to disable the CPU check so my system will not warn me about the fan speed being slow.

My question is, I need a good 12cm fan that spins atleast 2k RPM that has an RPM sensor on it. Anyone know of one?

Riptide
10-06-05, 01:16 PM
Enermax fans are pretty good and have the header connector on there. Also, panasonic panaflo seem to be real popular as well.

BTW I hate fans. They always start making noise for me within six months to a year. Usually squeaking intermittently. I've replaced every fan in my system (including PS!) only to have something start squeaking 3 months later. Makes me want to shoot someone.

Strahd
10-06-05, 01:23 PM
I have the panaflo fans in my case and neither of them have an RPM sensor. I'll check on the Enermax one's. I know what you mean about the fans. Since I just built a new system, I figure I have about 6 months before the fans start giving me problems :)

Thanks Rip!

Anyone else have other suggestions? I am in hopes of multiple choices :)

vläd
10-06-05, 01:52 PM
Silverstone's (http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-fm121.htm) 120mm has an RPM sensor.

mx125race
10-06-05, 05:20 PM
I'm buying a couple Vantec Stealth Pro 60mm and 80mm fans. They dont got an rpm sensor thoguh but run really quiet and good. www.coolerguys.com sells fans with RPM sensors...