PDA

View Full Version : Finally ordered My X-FI Fatality!

overheat
10-06-05, 02:05 PM
will have it next week I think.
329 canadien not bad at microbytes

cant wait

toxikneedle
10-06-05, 04:56 PM
Nice, let me hear your impression of it. I wanna know if it's worth the money.

jAkUp
10-06-05, 05:00 PM
Hopefully you are having better luck than I am. Mine seemed to work great for 2 days.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=31426

Everything I have tried to resolve this issue:

*A brand new card
*Both sets of drivers
*Happens on speakers and headphones.
*Turning off EAX or CMS3D
*Removing all IRQ sharing
*Disabling almost everything in BIOS
*Updating BIOS to latest official, and even tried newer non-official
*Tried disabling ACPI
*Tried numerous reformat's, and CMOS resets.
*Have the latest Video, Mobo, and sound drivers
*Changing PCI latency

I'm waiting for a new driver. This is the first time I have had an issue like this. My Audigy2 ZS worked flawless.

overheat
10-06-05, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear that jakup....Hope the new driver solve everything for u

nVidi0t
10-06-05, 05:47 PM
I have that problem with my Audigy 2, and I fixed it by moving to an older driver...

PaiN
10-06-05, 07:08 PM
Wow, scary stuff, JakUp :eek: !! I just put an X-Fi Em in tonight.....Its a couple hours old, so far i love it. I've never heard surround and positional effects like this card does them. The X-Fi is killer in gaming.

$n][pErMan
10-06-05, 09:06 PM
Im so going to get one of these in a month or two. I have heard only good things :D

PaiN
10-06-05, 09:24 PM
Hopefully you are having better luck than I am. Mine seemed to work great for 2 days.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=31426

Everything I have tried to resolve this issue:

I'm waiting for a new driver. This is the first time I have had an issue like this. My Audigy2 ZS worked flawless.

I had the same problem with my Audigy2 ZS, it wasen't an issue with the card or driver......it was caused by "noisy" PCI slots of the DFI Nf4U motherboard I was running at the time...

OWA
10-06-05, 10:15 PM
So far so good with me but I have had that issue with older cards. I don't believe I've had it since the Audigy and onward though.

Congrats on the card overheat. Hopefully they'll show up here locally soon, if not, I'll probably order one online.

OWA
10-08-05, 05:29 PM
Finally got mine just a little while ago. The Fatal1ty version finally made it to retail in my area.