PDA

View Full Version : System 32 Folder Problem

dan0506
10-06-05, 05:06 PM
Hi all,

can you help me with this problem?

I have just in the past few hours reformatted my hard disk and setup everything. i setup microsoft visual studio to run some opengl programs. i had to put some dll's into my system and system32 folders. so that was grand enough. but then i went back into the windows folder and there is no system32 folder anymore. there is a system folder though. i tried searching for the system32 folder, but it didnt find anything. i tried accessing the command prompt inside the windows environment and the prompt window appeared, but with nothing in it. i then also tried creating a folder called "system32" inside the windows folder and windows prompted me saying that there is allready a folder called "system32" in there. so whats up? i cant figure it out. is there anyway in which i can get back my system32 folder without having to either reformat my hd and set everything up again or else using windows recovery?

please help me. im in dire straits at the moment.

retsam
10-06-05, 05:21 PM
sounds like its hidden.....

dan0506
10-06-05, 05:32 PM
it aint hidden. i turned on the setting for viewing all hidden files. it still doesnt appear

rewt
10-11-05, 03:22 AM
Goto My Computer and type %systemroot%\system32 in the address bar. Press Enter.