PDA

View Full Version : FS: eVGA 7800 GTX!

Ninjaman09
10-06-05, 08:35 PM
edit: No longer for sale.

superklye
10-07-05, 12:15 AM
Just out of curiosity...why are you selling? I remember you being so pumped about getting it.

LiquidX
10-07-05, 12:22 AM
PM sent with question.

Ninjaman09
10-07-05, 05:23 AM
Just out of curiosity...why are you selling? I remember you being so pumped about getting it.
Heh, funny enough, it was that thread where we were talking about the definition of a "high end" system and I realized that price/performance wise I'm just not getting the kind of performance out of this rig that would justify the extra cash. Really, with SLI only a couple of games run faster than they normally do, and some even seem to run slower. I haven't noticed a difference in any of my games since I removed the second card, either. Go figure. :D

PM responded.

PaiN
10-07-05, 05:48 AM
Smart move Ninja......I tried out SLI(back with two 6800Us) and felt the exact same way. Fast, yes but I could hardly tell the differece in any game. I sold it off because I couldn't justify the price vs. "real" performance.

|MaguS|
10-07-05, 06:23 AM
I guess it depends on which games you play... I could see myself using the extra power... but im low on funds untill other things are payed off. hehe

FraGTastiK
10-07-05, 08:33 AM
I think your 1280x1024 resolution limitation is seriousely holding you back Ninjaman09.plus we have many GPU limited games coming our way that would take use of SLi.slightly premature decision you're taking here if you ask me but goodluck with what your doing,hope you can sell it at a good price. :)

Ninjaman09
10-07-05, 08:48 AM
I hooked up a CRT the other day to play around with performance at 1600x1200 and results were similar - the difference between single card and SLI was negligible in all of the games I play regularly. When I say "negligible" I mean subjectively. Of course my benchmark scores are better with SLI but in actual gameplay it makes little to no difference so I just don't see the point. SC:CT and Chronicles of Riddick ran noticably better but that doesn't do me much good since I never play them. F.E.A.R. has no improvement with SLI and neither does Doom 3, so the next two big shooters won't see any great benefit. Call of Duty 2 seems to run "smoother" without the second card though the framerates aren't as high.

Additionally I feel the value is just not there for me. I enjoy playing games in 1280x1024 and that resolution is perfectly fine for me, I couldn't care less if I can't play in 1600x1200. 1280x1024, 4xAA, 8xAF, and SSTA (if it actually works, which it usually doesn't) is all I want, and the 7800 GTX more than delivers on its own. :D

FraGTastiK
10-07-05, 09:32 AM
point taken.but I just got meself a spanking CRT just to go SLi :D I'm gonna dig in hires as much as I can.;)

superklye
10-07-05, 09:36 AM
Heh, funny enough, it was that thread where we were talking about the definition of a "high end" system and I realized that price/performance wise I'm just not getting the kind of performance out of this rig that would justify the extra cash. Really, with SLI only a couple of games run faster than they normally do, and some even seem to run slower. I haven't noticed a difference in any of my games since I removed the second card, either. Go figure. :D

PM responded.
Fair enough--and I honestly wasn't trying to argue with you or cause a scene or anything with you in that thread. Sorry if I pissed you off man.

Oh, and I'll trade you two 6800 GTs for the GTX. :p

|MaguS|
10-07-05, 09:47 AM
You would so have a sale if I didn't have bills... hmm maybe my parents wouldn't mind me moving back in!

ViN86
10-07-05, 09:49 AM
sweet deal ninja. i wanted to use the trade up program from eVGA, but it has to be within 90 days of getting the card, which it isnt for me. thats ridiculous imo. wish i could afford your 7800GTX, id buy it :cool:

Ninjaman09
10-07-05, 09:56 AM
Heh heh, damn you poor bastards! Though it sounds like I might have it sold already, not sure yet.
Fair enough--and I honestly wasn't trying to argue with you or cause a scene or anything with you in that thread. Sorry if I pissed you off man.
No you didn't piss me off at all, actually I enjoyed our conversation. I may have a stern tone sometimes in my posts but I only get mad at stupid people who are incapable of rational thought. :D

DiscipleDOC
10-07-05, 10:00 AM
Heh heh, damn you poor bastards! Though it sounds like I might have it sold already, not sure yet.

No you didn't piss me off at all, actually I enjoyed our conversation. I may have a stern tone sometimes in my posts but I only get mad at stupid people who are incapable of rational thought. :D
(aaa)

Ninjaman09
10-07-05, 10:05 AM
That's right, DD, I'm looking at you. :retard:

OWA
10-07-05, 10:44 AM
Edit: Nevermind, I'll just PM you the message.

sytaylor
10-07-05, 12:50 PM
OOOOO, kinky

LiquidX
10-10-05, 01:32 AM
Up!

Ninjaman09
10-10-05, 08:12 AM
EDIT: No longer for sale. I've decided to just RMA it (forgot I was still within my 30 days) because I can get full price minus a 15% restocking fee back for it. Thanks for looking anyway!