PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got ASUS SLI Premium and 2GIG Curcial Ballistic Template

sandeep
10-06-05, 10:35 PM
Hi there,

Has anyone managed to run their system with the above combination BET, 250-280 FSB???

I need a template of the ram timings please. Also is there any hidden options in the BIOS of Asus to display extra ram timings?

I want to achieve 3-3-3-8 with Crucial Ballistics 2gig @ APPROX. 280fsb.

Appreciate any hlp.

Cheers folks

ViN86
10-06-05, 11:47 PM
the new BIOS for the deluxe (1013) opens up every single timing option for RAM. im sure the newest bios for the premium does as well ;)

sandeep
10-07-05, 03:02 AM
the new BIOS for the deluxe (1013) opens up every single timing option for RAM. im sure the newest bios for the premium does as well ;)
Thanks mate.
I will check that out now. Cannot wait til I exploit these rams. $569 for 2gig better be worth the dime.:)

sandeep
10-07-05, 07:12 AM
Hmm the BIOS which is available for Asus SLI Premium is 1009 BETA.

I don't see any more timing options available for this. Am I meant to press any key combinations at boot?

ViN86
10-07-05, 08:25 AM
when i go into the CPU options, then the DRAM options, i change the settings to manual. then i can play with all the timings, even the timings i really dont want to touch heh.

i get the standard four, latency, ras to cas, ras precharge, cycle time (tras). however, with the newer BIOS i can control bank cycle time, and the dram idle timer. im sure it was a previous release that added these features, as my 1013 only added new cpu support. you have to choose manual for ram speed in order to tweak anything... if you dont, its just left grayed-out.

sandeep
10-07-05, 09:59 AM
when i go into the CPU options, then the DRAM options, i change the settings to manual. then i can play with all the timings, even the timings i really dont want to touch heh.

i get the standard four, latency, ras to cas, ras precharge, cycle time (tras). however, with the newer BIOS i can control bank cycle time, and the dram idle timer. im sure it was a previous release that added these features, as my 1013 only added new cpu support. you have to choose manual for ram speed in order to tweak anything... if you dont, its just left grayed-out.

Oh that bit I know, I thought you meant more options were avialable other than those.:)

Oh well, I still need a template to do 280 FSB. I hate playing with ram. While its fun, I don't have that much time either.

Anyway, hope someone else with these sort of ram and mob can share with me their template.

Cheers

Peacemaker
10-07-05, 10:07 AM
Hi! There is about 10 diffrent options to change. Do You need more ?
P.

ViN86
10-07-05, 10:46 AM
lol those options are all that you can change with regards to timings. there arent any other options. :lol:

i havent seen people hit incredible speeds with these sticks. so remember that the athlon64 benefits from better timings, not necessarily higher speeds.

sandeep
10-08-05, 12:31 AM
Come on guys, I need 280 FSBs outta my Asus SLI Premium. Anyone? I know DFI can do 280 3-3-3-8 FROM these Crucial Ballistics 2 Gig PC4000.

ViN86
10-08-05, 11:19 AM
i dont understand what you want. the dram voltage, and ALL timings are available to be tweaked..... that and at 3-3-3-8 im sure you wont hit 280, unless you volt them to 3.3V or higher, and the max on my board is 3V.

all the settings are before you and each ram module OC's differently. if you want to hit that, we cant tell you the settings, you will have to experiment and find the timings that will make it work.