PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Q4 demo?

Skinner
10-07-05, 06:21 AM
Will this be the first Quake without a demo before the game?

six_storm
10-07-05, 07:02 AM
LOL, like I said in the other thread, they'll pull a Doom 3 and wait 2 months after release to put out a demo of anything. iD has gotten a little lazy about stuff like that.

Skinner
10-07-05, 07:04 AM
Yep that's true, but I read never something about a demo. I hope it still comes before the gamerelease.

ST:DS9
10-07-05, 10:18 AM
If they bring out a demo for Q4 before release, then they will loose sales. I know that if Doom 3 had a demo before release, then I would have waited to get Doom 3 when it went below $30. Demos usually done help top tier games like this, especially if it ends up lacking and the developers/publisher knows it. They want those hype sales, and get people to buy it who would not have normally bought it if there was a demo before release.

PaiN
10-07-05, 10:29 AM
Good point ST..... imagine if Q4 does sux :fu: I'd seriously consider giving up PC gaming. If Raven can't make Quake4 good, there's no hope :(

AgentOtaku
10-07-05, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I imagine they'll wait to release the demo after the game is out to help sells.

I'm sorry but I won't buy a game without having played it first. Example: while I love Doom 3, I do regret having payed $55 dollars for it before having played it. It was more or less worth $30

But I'm sure QIV will be good....maybe not great, but good

BioHazZarD
10-07-05, 10:50 AM
Probably the same reason as with doom3, it would take them too much time before the release to do it so expect it no way near soon after the release which btw sucks.

Skinner
10-07-05, 11:52 AM
If they bring out a demo for Q4 before release, then they will loose sales. I know that if Doom 3 had a demo before release, then I would have waited to get Doom 3 when it went below $30. Demos usually done help top tier games like this, especially if it ends up lacking and the developers/publisher knows it. They want those hype sales, and get people to buy it who would not have normally bought it if there was a demo before release.

That's an interesting point you got there, maybe true, but on the other side, an MP demo doesn't hurt, like they did with Q3.

zeero1978, yep that's the good old duke3d splashscreen. I once had an animated version exaclty like the game, but lost it. :(

Skinner
10-07-05, 12:18 PM
duke nukem forever to develop... :D

Maybe its for the best Duke4Ever never seeing the daylight, so we remember it always as a good game ;)

jAkUp
10-07-05, 12:19 PM

Half Life 2 didn't have a demo before release.

msxyz
10-07-05, 12:23 PM
No demo, no money (from me, that is) :p

AgentOtaku
10-07-05, 01:11 PM
Will this be the first Quake without a demo before the game?

holy sh!t your right!

gaming has changed indeed :thumbdwn: