PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade question....but of a different kind!

Peoples-Agent
10-07-05, 07:28 AM
I have a slightly unusual question with regards to upgrades in more than a PC sense.

Situation is, my gf who often buys me new hardware / games etc and actually supports my long going PC habit is now hinting at wanting to get married, which I have no problem with.

The thing being, she wants me to stall my purchase of another 7800GT, PSU, Ram and Dual Core CPU to get a bit saved for the big day, which I understand but as I stated from day one, NOTHING stands between me and my geeky ways / hobbies as they keep me out of trouble and on the right side of the law. (Impulsiveness issues!) ......

Should I dump the chick and just move back to my parents and do the upgrade now anyhow, or the bigger question I pose..... do any of you know much about Socket M2 yet and when it's likely to show up as I have no quarms in waiting for that if that's the case, then everybody is happy and she would actually help pay for it too! :cool:

I might lean towards a compromise of just the extra 7800GT, Ram and PSU and leave out the Dual Core till next year, but I doubt she will go for that.

What would you guys suggest on the given terms mentioned? :p

|MaguS|
10-07-05, 07:38 AM
Um wait your asking if you should choose upgrading your PC or your Girlfriend who wants to get married?

Dude, upgrade!

Seriously though, If you love her, Marry her! PCs/Games should never come in between two people... if it does then seek help.

Shub
10-07-05, 07:54 AM
Haha!

Just think about it, dual 7800, new ram, new psu.. drool.
Go for it. She's not going anywhere. :afro:

darkrider01
10-07-05, 08:42 AM
:wtf:

I really hope that your gf doesn't know about these boards...... Anyway, forget the upgrading man. Marry her now. Women who support upgrading of PC's are kinda rare. If you must take a selfish (look out for number one) look at it, think about it like this: with her added income and support, you could later go for 2x7800GTX's...... The machine you have now should do well on games well into the next year.

On second thought, do the gf a favor and leave her now. If you are actually considering upgrades over her, SHE deserves better. Yeah, I said it.

Peoples-Agent
10-07-05, 10:45 AM
We have found some reasoning, posting on here kind of got me to talk to her.
Seems she would rather get a new laptop herself than get married hahah
Was only on the cards due to family pressures which she confessed to me, so now we're all square. Just hope she don't get fired for being an hour late back off her lunch break cos we we're talking on the phone.

Man, I love this chick.... She wants an Xbox 360 for Xmas.
She's worse than I am, and Darkrider your totally right man she does deserve alot better, I keep telling her that but she sticks around because i'm always honest with her not matter how crazy things sound and loyal. (Except my PC habit which has me hooked harder than crack!)

Anyone else here find it hard to balance the PC habits with women?
Don't normally tend to mix too well, and after some of the experiences i've had over the years.... I am sooooo damn lucky.

Toss3
10-07-05, 10:55 AM
:wtf:

I really hope that your gf doesn't know about these boards...... Anyway, forget the upgrading man. Marry her now. Women who support upgrading of PC's are kinda rare. If you must take a selfish (look out for number one) look at it, think about it like this: with her added income and support, you could later go for 2x7800GTX's...... The machine you have now should do well on games well into the next year.

On second thought, do the gf a favor and leave her now. If you are actually considering upgrades over her, SHE deserves better. Yeah, I said it.
:werd:

sytaylor
10-07-05, 12:12 PM
We have found some reasoning, posting on here kind of got me to talk to her.
Seems she would rather get a new laptop herself than get married hahah
Was only on the cards due to family pressures which she confessed to me, so now we're all square. Just hope she don't get fired for being an hour late back off her lunch break cos we we're talking on the phone.

Man, I love this chick.... She wants an Xbox 360 for Xmas.
She's worse than I am, and Darkrider your totally right man she does deserve alot better, I keep telling her that but she sticks around because i'm always honest with her not matter how crazy things sound and loyal. (Except my PC habit which has me hooked harder than crack!)

Anyone else here find it hard to balance the PC habits with women?
Don't normally tend to mix too well, and after some of the experiences i've had over the years.... I am sooooo damn lucky.

Result!

ViN86
10-07-05, 12:39 PM
let me break this down for you......

girlfriend who buys hardware for you > *

the hardware will be there after you get married, and it will be CHEAPER! marry her now man and get the hardware for less later. dont be an idiot. you have a girl who wants to spend her life with you and you weigh that against computer hardware. wow, where are our values going.....

EDIT: just read your post about her not wanting to get married anymore. i still think you should do it. good hardware girls are hard to find ;)