PDA

View Full Version : Help - 7800GTX Tearing and Flickering on screen

Jupiter_z8530
10-07-05, 08:45 AM
Anything on my screen when is moved horizontally (left/right) will tear and flicker. This is a pain in games because creates a stutter when looking left/right that annoys me so much! Playable but annoying. FPS is always very high, but I see this "stroboscopic" effect every fast move I do on the screen.

I have installed/uninstalled every possible driver (77.77, 78.01, 78.03, 78.05, 81.26,81.82 and 81.84, tried different monitors ( CRT and LCD analog and DVI), messed around with vsync settings, aa settings, etc.

I am very frustrated with my system.
Please, could you help me ?
Sorry about my bad english.

My configurations is:
Asus GeForce 7800 GTX
Asus A8N-SLi Premium Motherboard BIOS 1004
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Processor BOX
Crucial Ballistix 1GB (2 x 512MB)
Enermax EG701AX-VH SFMA (2.0V) 600W

SigmaOrionis
10-07-05, 10:18 AM
The best fix without having to worry about performance drops is to raise your Refresh Rate on your monitor to the highest level it can support at the resolution your running.

If your framerates are very high you could turn on more eye candy to get your framerate closer to your refresh rate.

I mean if your getting 120 FPS and you only have your monitor at 75hz there is going to be some tearing.

You could use V-Sync if you are sure that your Framerate will always stay higher than your monitors refresh rate.

Anyways what I try to accomplish is having my Framerate match as closely to my refresh rate as possible. I dont like using V-Sync. I do get some tearing but its not to bad. Its usually like when you pan your view real fast and it crosses a wall where your framerate will go sky high.

Jupiter_z8530
10-07-05, 11:20 AM
SigmaOrions,
Unhappily the v-sync did not resolve my problem. In games like Doom3 I see the tearing like "movie sand" on the textures floor when the v-sync is disabled, and disappear when I enable v-sync, but the "stroboscopic" problem persist. If I use the FRAPS software with v-sync enabled I can see the constant framerate match with the my refresh rate monitor.