PDA

View Full Version : Steam 3.0

kev13dd
10-07-05, 04:34 PM
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/UIBugs

Seems to have fixed the only bug I've had with Steam! I dunno how much I adore the look or the feel, or even the arangement/setup of where everything is, but I do like the fact it's not staying in my memory after I exit!

K

Rakeesh
10-07-05, 04:56 PM
I'm about to try it out now. I really hope it is an improvement.

EDIT: So far it only seems to address the issue where you have to look through the "now available" and "coming soon" clutter in the "my games" list. All other bugs remain. I have added them to the developer wiki though, so hopefuly valves developers will look at it.

mrgimble
10-07-05, 09:00 PM
When launching from the beta steam all special nvidia profile settings are ignored. Lets hope they fix this before the force us to use it. :rolleyes:

Mr. Hunt
10-07-05, 09:03 PM
When launching from the beta steam all special nvidia profile settings are ignored. Lets hope they fix this before the force us to use it. :rolleyes:

Surely you jest... you actually think Valve would fix something? Let alone something for nvidia customers? HAH!

Mudcrutch
10-07-05, 09:25 PM
considering gabe uses nvidia i would hope it will be fixed:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Gabe_Newell%27s_PC

not too impressed with the new ui.. i was hoping for something more i guess..

mrgimble
10-07-05, 09:41 PM
I almost crapped my pants when I saw lost coast was 100% and ready. I guess it means its ready to go as soon as the ATI X1800XT card is ready in stores. lmao

Rakeesh
10-07-05, 09:42 PM
Hmm...gabes faq says Loast is coming at the end of october. That puts it after the first r520 cards hit the store shelves :D

ST:DS9
10-08-05, 05:52 PM
Hmm...gabes faq says Loast is coming at the end of october. That puts it after the first r520 cards hit the store shelves :D

And Lost Coast will still probably work better on Nvidia hardware.:D

superklye
10-09-05, 12:26 PM
considering gabe uses nvidia i would hope it will be fixed:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Gabe_Newell%27s_PC

not too impressed with the new ui.. i was hoping for something more i guess..
Heh, I was just looking at his FAQ and he said:

Do you get playable framerates at 2560 by 1600?
I get 150 to 170 FPS out of the Counter-Strike: Source VST depending upon what set of tweaks I'm running that day. That's with vsynch disabled, 16X aniso, and 6X AA.

But he's got SLI GTXs, and as far as I know and remember from people saying when HL2 came out last year, that when setting the AA to 6x when using NVIDIA hardware, you were effectively disabling it.

anzak
10-09-05, 12:37 PM
But he's got SLI GTXs, and as far as I know and remember from people saying when HL2 came out last year, that when setting the AA to 6x when using NVIDIA hardware, you were effectively disabling it.

Nice catch. Gabe doesn't even know that nVidia doesn't support 6x MSAA. :rofl

He has one heck of a processor though. FX-57 at 3.417 GHz! Also notice the lack of a soundcard, he is using onboard.

Rakeesh
10-09-05, 01:48 PM
Now I know why valve overhypes sh!t. Gabe is one of those compulsive liars. He'll say sh!t just to try to impress people and even pretend it is true even though it isn't. He probably self-micromanages valves marketing team.

Rakeesh
10-10-05, 09:36 PM
God damn, they don't know how to run a wiki very well down there.

10/7: Reported a bug.
10/9: Bug marked as fixed.
10/10: Bug not actually fixed, marked it as such.
two hours later: Developer says its rude for telling them that the bug wasn't fixed.

Moral of the story: Be careful when reporting bugs to valve...you might offend them.

Rakeesh
10-11-05, 11:34 PM
Half-Life 1: Engine Update Available
October 11, 2005, 1:31 pm · Alfred Reynolds
Updates to the Half-Life 1: Engine have been released. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Half-Life 1: Engine

* Updated Half-Life 1 engine's interaction with Steam in preparation for the release of a new Steam client

I'll be damned, they fixed the long standing bug I have been complaining about for over a year. They need to fire their support staff. By going straight to the developers I got extremely fast results in comparison.

FWIW, this specific update addressed a command line parsing issue that caused parameters to the steam client to not be passed to HL1. This prevented third party mods from loading if launched from a desktop icon while steam wasn't running.

There may be hope for valve yet.

Lfctony
10-12-05, 12:12 PM
I noticed a fix for a bug I've been complaining about a year ago, one that was still present 3 months ago when I got my GTX, a certain lighting bug. It's working fine now, I'm glad it's finally fixed, whether it was Valve or Nvidia that fixed it though I don't know. ;)