PDA

View Full Version : GameSpot Website ruined!!

ENU291
10-07-05, 05:56 PM
Is it just me or did anyone else notice that the geniuses at Gamespot totally runined the site with that crappy new redesign. Pages load at a snails pace and information is very hard to find. I guess I won't be renewing my subcription to that site next year. Is IGN a good alternative?

Spliffstarr
10-07-05, 06:05 PM
I agree with you 100%, it really hard to find the info that one is looking for on that site now..

GamerGuyX
10-07-05, 07:02 PM
Is IGN a good alternative?

It speaks for itself:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56028&highlight=ign+insider

angshuman
10-07-05, 07:09 PM
I guess it'll take a little while to get used to.

six_storm
10-07-05, 07:13 PM
Why do they put so much crap on their website? It takes me a while to even load it up. Reminds me of MySpace lol.

stncttr908
10-07-05, 07:25 PM
I don't like new GameSpot layout either.

Mr_LoL
10-07-05, 07:37 PM
It speaks for itself:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56028&highlight=ign+insider

I just joined Ign insider 2day. Oops:(

sytaylor
10-07-05, 07:40 PM
Dislike them both tbh, the whole "having a box" for every feature and then having about 30 features on the front page just never appealed to me. 5 Massive headlines, followed by reviews/previews covering half the page below those... then any regular features below that. Simple.

K007
10-07-05, 10:05 PM
There site looks like

www.tv.com.

CaptNKILL
10-08-05, 12:23 AM
I was going to mention the gamespot site a couple days ago but I think it irritated me so much i just forgot about it completely. The old site wasnt that great but the reviews were good and they had a LOT of stuff. Now, its a jumbled freaking mess with no useful content.

Really pissed me off because when I found out about it, I was looking for a hilarious review of a terrible terrible game from a few years ago. Of course, its GONE so I'll probably never see it again. :mad:

nrs421
10-08-05, 12:29 AM
i just had a look and.....it's so hard to find reviews......all the old reviews are gone....

Amuro
10-08-05, 03:05 AM
If it just me or did anyone else notice that the geniuses at Gamespot totally runined the site with that crappy new redesign. Pages load at a snails pace and information is very hard to find. I guess I won't be renewing my subcription to that site next year. Is IGN a good alternative?
Yeah, ign.com is much better.

muaddib
10-08-05, 08:43 AM
The old GameSpot was my favorite gaming portal. Now it sucks.
Hey, BTW, the new FilePlanet design sucks too.

I really don't know what they have been smoking while designing these sites..

Mudcrutch
10-08-05, 09:45 AM
i have been visiting gamespot through numerous changes and i havent had too many quips with various versions except this:

gamespot is and should be primarily a REVIEW site. that is their bread and butter. but with each new version it gets HARDER AND HARDER TO SIMPLY FIND NEW REVIEWS.

and this latest version is just ridiculous. i think i will stop visiting daily now.

CaptNKILL
10-08-05, 01:38 PM
i have been visiting gamespot through numerous changes and i havent had too many quips with various versions except this:

gamespot is and should be primarily a REVIEW site. that is their bread and butter. but with each new version it gets HARDER AND HARDER TO SIMPLY FIND NEW REVIEWS.

and this latest version is just ridiculous. i think i will stop visiting daily now.
Yeah I agree completely... In fact I think Im going to delete my links since it really is completely worthless right now. There wont be anything useful on there until a major title is released (like Quake 4, FEAR...) and Im sure someone will post a link anyway, so why bother checking the site at all.

Anyone know of any OLD review sites that would have archived reviews of games? Thats what I used Gamespot for mostly... to check on games I hadnt played to see if they were worth getting.

Mr. Hunt
10-08-05, 01:45 PM
Yeah I agree completely... In fact I think Im going to delete my links since it really is completely worthless right now. There wont be anything useful on there until a major title is released (like Quake 4, FEAR...) and Im sure someone will post a link anyway, so why bother checking the site at all.

Anyone know of any OLD review sites that would have archived reviews of games? Thats what I used Gamespot for mostly... to check on games I hadnt played to see if they were worth getting.

Well I just went to gamefaqs.com just to see if their links would work on gamespot articles and the FFVII one worked...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/review.html

So I guess try there... just find the game, go to game info, then scroll down until you see something about gamespot reviews.

Mr. Hunt
10-08-05, 01:51 PM
Ok yeah... gamefaqs should work (at least for now) for you... just went to try to find another one and found Return Fire review... so yeah....

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/returnfire/review.html?mode=gsreview

CaptNKILL
10-08-05, 02:46 PM
Hey thanks, that works! Some are still broken but thats a good way to get to the ones that are actually still there.

One thing thats been driving me nuts though... I want to find this game that had a HORRIBLE review on both gamespot and XPlay. It was a truck driver "sim" and the gamespot review was probably the most hilarious review I've ever read. I thought it might be Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel but thats one of the reviews thats not on their site anymore, and the scores that are on the game's page dont seem that bad.

Some distinct things I remember about the game from the reviews (both Xplay and Gamespot):
You race from point A to point B with large trucks over miles and miles of open road.
The opponents generally stay at the start line and dont even attempt to race.
The terrain has no clipping... ie, you just drive through mountains.
Your truck falls through the ground randomly.
It looked reaaallly bad.
It was from some time within the last 3-4 years.

I hope Im not getting 2 games confused here (im almost positive the Xplay and Gamespot reviews were for the same abysmal game) but if anyone has any ideas what this game might be or where I can find a review on it, I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: HAHAHA! I found it! http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/review.html

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

Wow its just as horrible as I remember... :D