PDA

View Full Version : WTB 15 inch LCD for DIY PROJECTOR PROJECT

bugmage
10-09-05, 12:44 PM
Im lookin for a 15 inch lcd in good screen condition (dont care about case)no dead pixels, here's a list of what im looking for

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20041201/projector-03.html

i can get a 17 inch great acer brand new for $220 so i dont want to pay more than 150 for this lcd, if your looking to upgrade and want to ditch your old one give this thread a reply

if you guys know where good placed are to get lcds, give me a post thanks!

marqmajere
10-09-05, 01:36 PM
I built that projector and used a Proview 14" LCD. 17 ms responce (no ghosting that I can see) and I bought it at Walmart for $150. That way if it had too many dead pixals I could just return it for one that didnt. Very happy with the result.

bugmage
10-09-05, 02:59 PM
did you make a projector or go the overhead projector rought? and aslow whats the resolution and size of the final projection?

I know theres that lumilabs site that good but do you know where to get some good lenses and lighting parts?

rudedog
10-09-05, 03:08 PM
Check your PMs, I might have something for you. I have to check on Monday.

marqmajere
10-09-05, 04:36 PM
did you make a projector or go the overhead projector rought? and aslow whats the resolution and size of the final projection?

I know theres that lumilabs site that good but do you know where to get some good lenses and lighting parts?

resolution is 1024x786. Not going to find many 15" with higher than that. I went with the 14" because it was a perfect fit on the overhead porjector I bought. The final viewing size is as big as I want it to be. I have a small apartment so I play movies ans such on a 7foot screen on my wall.

As for parts for the projector itself, mine is only 2000 lumens, but It's clear when I get the room dark enough.

bugmage
10-09-05, 05:45 PM
do you cool the lcd?

bugmage
10-11-05, 04:00 PM
Im still looking for a lcd anyone have one or know wher you can get one for $100 or so