View Full Version : Help... Mobo or CPU dead? :S

glow
10-09-05, 05:04 PM
First here is my config:
CPU: AMD 4400 x2
MOBO: A8N-SLI
MEMORY: OCZ PC3200 Gold VX
VID: LEADTEK Geforce 7800GT extreme

My computer was running fine till yesterday... I have experienced many connection loss playing BF2, I tryed to disable onboard lan and use a PCI network adapter.. Rebooted, installed proper driver,,, rebooted again tooks time to shut down... on reboot I got stuck on the boot screen:
http://www.lemetec.com/11150903683fOOeF5f3L_1_1.jpg
afer one minute or so.. it shut down and nothing since :(

Symptoms are: Post fail, no beep message, all fans and leds are working, display stay on standby.... :confused:

Any help would be appreciate, Thanks

And yes I took off the network card and smashed it on the wall ;)

keith33
10-09-05, 05:08 PM
Clear the CMOS manually? Try the d-bracket, see what it says? Try the CPU in a different board? Try a different CPU in your board? Try booting with 1 stick of RAM?

overheat
10-09-05, 05:10 PM
:thumbdwn: damn your not lucky

hope you can find a solution to your problem soon

glow
10-09-05, 05:13 PM
I cleared the CMOS already and tryed different Stick.. it is actually the only extra part that can fit my old computer is socket A..

glow
10-09-05, 05:41 PM
Try the d-bracket, see what it says?

What is a d-bracket? :confused:

keith33
10-09-05, 05:56 PM
What is a d-bracket? :confused:
It comes with most asus boards, it should be in the mobo box, you connect it to a port in the bottom then try to boot, if there's an error it will give you a series of lights corresponding to the error code found in the manual. great for trouble shooting.

overheat
10-09-05, 06:27 PM
llllllllllol
I just made a test start my computer without videocard and my mobo talk to me SYSTEM FAILED VGA TEST that was weird :D

jAkUp
10-09-05, 07:49 PM
If I had to take a guess on the failed part, I would say board.

keith33
10-10-05, 12:50 AM
If I had to take a guess on the failed part, I would say board.

That's awful, I would definately consider crying in a hole if it was me. :(

glow
10-12-05, 01:06 AM
Well after couples of questions an awnser by email with asus... Motherboard is gone for RMA.

Good thing is the RMA dude marked it as DOA and I should get a new one by the end of the week...

Will be up for Quake 4 :dance: