PDA

View Full Version : X3 - Reunion : 10/17/05

acrh2
10-11-05, 07:45 AM
Wow, It's coming one day before FEAR and Q4.
This month is gonna severely diminish my vacation days :).

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646377

http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/p26092.htm

Although the preview build of the game merely hinted at some of the deep features, the game should be an incredibly deep experience much in the vein of such classics as Freelancer, and should build well on its predecessors in the X series. Look for it later this month.

|MaguS|
10-11-05, 07:55 AM
There a demo on X3?

PeterJensen
10-11-05, 07:59 AM
wow. That is a must get for me.

Amuro
10-11-05, 08:45 AM
Is this sequel to X2: The Threat? I bought that one on the day in came out but never got time to install the game, lol.

agentkay
10-11-05, 09:01 AM
Yes its the sequel to X2. I just hope that it wonīt be a bugfest like the first version of X2 but then again, where I live it wonīt be released until November anyway.

Veger
10-11-05, 11:22 AM
I already have the dvd version pre-ordered!!!

Melhisedek
10-12-05, 04:40 AM
I highly doubt this really :( Game isn't even announced gold yet. Other than that I really hope it to be true but I doubt it :(

agentkay
10-12-05, 05:11 AM
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93864&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Seems that it canīt be released on the 17th without going gold last week. I donīt think it will be released until mid November, unless of course itīll go gold this week, then we might get it at the end of this month.

PenguinJim
10-12-05, 07:11 PM
I still hear that X3 is due out in October - and remember that going Gold doesn't have to be announced. ;)

Of perhaps more interest this week is the budget release of X2. Sadly, I got a grown-up job AND reinstalled Morrowind this week, so I don't have time to play it. :(

If you like space sims and have some patience, though, X2 is really, really fantastic! Well, maybe just 'good' depending on your patience. ;)

ST:DS9
10-12-05, 07:34 PM
I still hear that X3 is due out in October - and remember that going Gold doesn't have to be announced. ;)

Of perhaps more interest this week is the budget release of X2. Sadly, I got a grown-up job AND reinstalled Morrowind this week, so I don't have time to play it. :(

If you like space sims and have some patience, though, X2 is really, really fantastic! Well, maybe just 'good' depending on your patience. ;)

Well, considering that Egosoft communicates with the Fan base really well, I have no doubt that they would give a Gold annoucement. Right now they are officially saying Fall 2005, they did not set the Oct 17th date. They were still in Beta at the end of Sept, my best guess would be that the game would be released around November.

PenguinJim
10-12-05, 07:40 PM
Well, considering that Egosoft communicates with the Fan base really well, I have no doubt that they would give a Gold annoucement.

Me either. :)

But most Gold announcements are "Game X has gone gold!".

It could have gone gold a few days ago, and they're just making sure it's gone smoothly, and the announcement will still be 100% valid. Companies do this often :) especially those close with their fanbase. If they're worried about fan perceptions, they'll make sure the CD printing process has started successfully before announcing it.

Which is why you'll generally hear publishers announcing 'Gone Gold' announcements, than developers. ;)

ST:DS9
10-12-05, 07:52 PM
Me either. :)

But most Gold announcements are "Game X has gone gold!".

It could have gone gold a few days ago, and they're just making sure it's gone smoothly, and the announcement will still be 100% valid. Companies do this often :) especially those close with their fanbase. If they're worried about fan perceptions, they'll make sure the CD printing process has started successfully before announcing it.

Which is why you'll generally hear publishers announcing 'Gone Gold' announcements, than developers. ;)

I have seen it happen many times, that the release date the retailers are showing end up being the Gone Gold date, which in case of X3 this could be very possible.