PDA

View Full Version : 77.77 worth installing just for triple-buffering?

saumilsingh
10-13-05, 01:32 AM
I am using the 71.89 set currently and am quite satisfied with it...

But I also want triple buffering as I prefer a v-sync'ed display.
Is it worth installing the 77.77 set just for triple buffering? Does it work perfectly in all ogl games or is it problematic?

I am not that keen on installing anything newer than 77.77 as these new sets generally turnout problematic for older hardware.

Darkfalz
10-13-05, 02:17 AM
I'm using 78.05 beta on FX 5700. Triple buffering is good, and the gamma/application profile bug was fixed from 77.77. There is still one annoying bug with application profiles but it's not serious. I doubt the 8x.xx series is going to have anythign good for FX cards, so this will probably be the last set I ever use on this card.

saumilsingh
10-13-05, 05:08 AM
Will this gamma profile bug bother me if I just stick to default gamma for all games?
Also was that v-sync profile bug fixed? The one that didn't enable v-sync unless forced in the global profile.

saturnotaku
10-13-05, 06:57 AM
Don't forget triple buffering only works for OpenGL games. D3D only works if the developers code support for it into the game itself.

SLippe
10-13-05, 09:27 AM
I'd recommend the official 78.01 set. Speaking of VSync, I have mine set to Application Controlled and last night I enabled it in Far Cry (in the Video menu in the game), yet my framerate is still above 100 in the game? Why?

saumilsingh
10-13-05, 01:59 PM
Yeah I do know forcing triple-buffering will only work under ogl.

Thanks a lot people, I could've tested different sets myself but I am on a slow 56k and just needed to confirm whether t-buffering works perfectly on 6600gt's or not.