PDA

View Full Version : **attetion All Best Buy Employees**

dynasty336
10-14-05, 12:19 PM
I will starting my new job at best buy tomorrow and i have a quick question. I have not yet pre-ordered an X-BOX 360 but i want one BAD! i know i know how stupid of me/ but anyway do you guys get first dibs on the x-boxes you get or do you have to see if there is anything left over at the end of the day? cuz i plan on pre-ordering one today for the second shipment but i wont if i can get it when it comes out from BB due to working there. thanks in advance for any responces from BB emplyees or any other retail chain employees.

Ninjaman09
10-14-05, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure employees get last dibs on stuff like that. But don't quote me on that. I know a lot of people that work at Best Buy but I'm not entirely clear on their store policy. Additionally some of these people have fairly loose moral standards so I doubt I could get a clear answer if I asked.

|MaguS|
10-14-05, 12:53 PM
Best Buy is horrible for limited stuff when it comes to employees, You get the last ones available. THis goes for anything in the store... even TVs. If you have a "cool" store manager he might make a exception but its not very likely.

Should have worked at an EB/Gamestop, they get first dibs always. :)

dynasty336
10-14-05, 01:35 PM
Meh oh well i guess i will just have go to my local wal-mart at around 7pm on november 21st

LiquidX
10-14-05, 01:40 PM
You really cant put aside something that catches your eye at BestBuy? At EB and Macy's in NY there was no problem putting aside a new item for yourself before it sold out. If your not working in that department I would just ask one of your co-workers that is to put one aside for you.

dynasty336
10-14-05, 01:54 PM
Yea i would really hope i could i supposed i could just ask tomorrow but i want to get on top of this now since ive watied for so long already. If i cant get it at best buy then i will be waiting in line at wal-mart for one and the funny thing is im only getting it for 2 games at the moment, Gears of War and MADDEN 2006 because it just looks incredible and i cant wait to see it on my new PC/Home Theater setup :)

Mr. Hunt
10-14-05, 02:01 PM
I prefer camping out at my Wal-Mart for stuff like this... the game stores near me don't have a midnight sale on new stuff most of the time... and I just like camping out and talking to others and getting all hyped up about it for a few hours while waiting in line... did it with the PS2 and the PSP... I was first in line for the PSP ;).

dynasty336
10-14-05, 02:08 PM
The only problem is that my local walmart closes at 12 so im not sure if they will be selling the 360 at 12 :/

AthlonXP1800
10-14-05, 02:42 PM
Not surprised to hear that, I think the easiest thing to pre-order Xbox 360 is to give the money to your parent, they will be in the shop and pre-order it for you. :D