PDA

View Full Version : PS3 may not debut till 2007

Mr_LoL
10-14-05, 11:52 PM
http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=544

Sorry but thats way too long a wait for me. I might as well go ahead and keep my xbox preorder. J Allard knows that if the PS3 launches in Japan in March 2006, he can kiss goodbye to the xbox360 getting big in Japan as the 360 would need a lot of time to win the Japanes public over.

Mr. Hunt
10-15-05, 12:00 AM
Blah... I never trust what a competitor says about the opposition... he is just trying to scare people so they go "Well, I guess I should go ahead and get the 360 if the PS3 is still 2 years away"... I really don't see Sony pushing the date to 2007... it wouldn't be very smart of them to let Microsoft be "alone" that long. And Sony is just probably not running around showing everything to everybody right now, no big deal really.

Bad_Boy
10-15-05, 01:17 AM
this is coming from MS. :p

|MaguS|
10-15-05, 06:38 AM
The PS3 will be out next year... Sony isn't shoving PS3 things down our throats like MS is with the x360 because like they said themselves, they don't see the x360 as a threat... They have such a huge market share in their palms already that they can play it cool.

Anyway, In Feb they plan to hold a Public Meeting and have the PS3 playable...

H3avyM3tal
10-15-05, 09:01 AM
It's nice to see MS push sony. I would expect Sony to know what they are doing. 2007 seems too far-fetched to me, as I would doubt sony to let it's guard down for that long... Though it is a frighetning thought...

2007 would not make me wanna buy 360, though I doubt anyone would shed a tear over one man. Works for me.

Ruined
10-15-05, 09:45 AM
they don't see the x360 as a threat...

If that's true, they will go down like Nintendo did in the N64 days. Though they may say that in public, I seriously doubt that is their true belief.

|MaguS|
10-15-05, 09:51 AM
Oh course internally they are working their butts off to keep the lead they have, What I should have said was "They don't see x360 as a threat that they will lose their position when it releases". Which I agree with, no matter how well it sells at release, it wont erase Sony from the mind of the 90 Million PS2 Owners.

N64 failed because it was carts, plain and simple. Nintendo also had a horrible support from 3rd party. Nintendo knew Sony was a threat considering that the PSX released prior to it and pushed its way to the top before the N64 even launched.

Mr_LoL
10-15-05, 10:14 AM
If they launch in 2007, I thnk they can forget about winning this round of console wars as its too late. They would find it difficult to compete with Microsoft on price. Looks like most of the major studios are now supporting bluray.
http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=1457

Bad_Boy
10-15-05, 02:01 PM
right after i gouge them out, ill eat my own eyeballs if they launch in 2007.

Fuku2
10-16-05, 08:45 PM
right after i gouge them out, ill eat my own eyeballs if they launch in 2007.

How are you supposed to play video games then?

evilchris
10-16-05, 09:01 PM
The PS3 will be out next year... Sony isn't shoving PS3 things down our throats like MS is with the x360 because like they said themselves, they don't see the x360 as a threat... They have such a huge market share in their palms already that they can play it cool.

Anyway, In Feb they plan to hold a Public Meeting and have the PS3 playable...
Sony has a huge PS3 marketshare? Wow. Microsoft's product is NEAR LAUNCH, unlike Sony's vaporware, so of course we're hearing about it more.

evilchris
10-16-05, 09:03 PM
Oh course internally they are working their butts off to keep the lead they have, What I should have said was "They don't see x360 as a threat that they will lose their position when it releases". Which I agree with, no matter how well it sells at release, it wont erase Sony from the mind of the 90 Million PS2 Owners.

N64 failed because it was carts, plain and simple. Nintendo also had a horrible support from 3rd party. Nintendo knew Sony was a threat considering that the PSX released prior to it and pushed its way to the top before the N64 even launched.
You're assuming those 90 million are blind fanboy's who buy consoles based on brand, not ability, availability, and games.

Mr. Hunt
10-16-05, 10:38 PM
You're assuming those 90 million are blind fanboy's who buy consoles based on brand, not ability, availability, and games.

Dreamcast came out before PS2... and yet... which one caused a major company to crumble? Oh right... the DC.

evilchris
10-17-05, 12:27 AM
Dreamcast came out before PS2... and yet... which one caused a major company to crumble? Oh right... the DC.

Irrelevant to today. Sony cause MS to crumble? ? lol

Mr. Hunt
10-17-05, 12:30 AM
No, I am not saying that... what I am saying, is that just because you are first to market doesn't mean a damn thing... and you should know that... but oh wait... you are a Xbox fanboy... I forgot.

Amuro
10-17-05, 01:17 AM
No, I am not saying that... what I am saying, is that just because you are first to market doesn't mean a damn thing... and you should know that... but oh wait... you are a Xbox fanboy... I forgot.

QFT

It's not always whoever releases the product first wins. Usually the company that releases first is the one that is not doing well in current gen.

Toss3
10-17-05, 08:29 AM
Yeah and you're a Sony fanboy, as much as he is an Xbox fanboy! Of course Microsoft will gain a part of the market share, for releasing their console first! Telling people otherwise would be, well not smart anyways.. This is Microsoft, not Sega! And I actually liked the xbox more than my Ps2(which doesn't make me an MS fanboy; the xbox had better graphics and a better controller!), and now it will be the other way around. There will of course be people who will like the ps3 better than the xbox360 and the same way around. So releasing a console first doesn't make it better in any way, but it still gives the company a nice lead. I for one am planing on getting both of the consoles, waiting on the ps3 more than the xbox360. Would they both be released on the same date, I'd definatly get the Ps3 first. So I'm only getting the xbox360 because it's released before the ps3, and so are many of my friends! MS will win a share of the market, because of an earlier release date - no matter what you say! As Evilchris already said "You're assuming those 90 million are blind fanboy's who buy consoles based on brand, not ability, availability, and games."! :rolleyes:

MUYA
10-17-05, 08:34 AM
I suggest you folks stop it with the name calling....please behave

Mr_LoL
10-17-05, 09:39 AM
I dont see how Sony can compete on price especially if these launch rumours of 2007 are true. I know Microsoft are rushing the xbox 360 but what the hell took Sony so long anywau to get ready.

|MaguS|
10-17-05, 10:09 AM
I dont see how Sony can compete on price especially if these launch rumours of 2007 are true. I know Microsoft are rushing the xbox 360 but what the hell took Sony so long anywau to get ready.

Wow, Poeple are never satisfied. First people complain about systems and games being rushed and shoved out the door before their ready, and now when a company is taking their time, you complain that its taking too long?! Come on!

Sony is not rushing it, They been working on the PS3 for so long to just throw it out the door half assed. Also please drop this stupid rumor, it was started by MS. No one outside of them has stated that Sony is going to delay the PS3.

Mr. Hunt
10-17-05, 10:56 AM
Yeah and you're a Sony fanboy, as much as he is an Xbox fanboy! Of course Microsoft will gain a part of the market share, for releasing their console first! Telling people otherwise would be, well not smart anyways.. This is Microsoft, not Sega! And I actually liked the xbox more than my Ps2(which doesn't make me an MS fanboy; the xbox had better graphics and a better controller!), and now it will be the other way around. There will of course be people who will like the ps3 better than the xbox360 and the same way around. So releasing a console first doesn't make it better in any way, but it still gives the company a nice lead. I for one am planing on getting both of the consoles, waiting on the ps3 more than the xbox360. Would they both be released on the same date, I'd definatly get the Ps3 first. So I'm only getting the xbox360 because it's released before the ps3, and so are many of my friends! MS will win a share of the market, because of an earlier release date - no matter what you say! As Evilchris already said "You're assuming those 90 million are blind fanboy's who buy consoles based on brand, not ability, availability, and games."! :rolleyes:

I am no fanboy... currently I enjoy the PS2 over the rest... but I still own the Xbox and Gamecube... Gamecube being my most hated (1 decent game every 6 months isn't very good). Only bias I have is AGAINST Nintendo because they have let me down time and time again for the last decade. But like I have said before, I will eventually get a 360 also... but it will just take a really good game, which I am just not seeing yet. I won't rush out and buy one and then have it collect dust for a year before a game I want comes out (like I did with my Xbox).

Mr_LoL
10-17-05, 11:17 AM
Wow, Poeple are never satisfied. First people complain about systems and games being rushed and shoved out the door before their ready, and now when a company is taking their time, you complain that its taking too long?! Come on!

Sony is not rushing it, They been working on the PS3 for so long to just throw it out the door half assed. Also please drop this stupid rumor, it was started by MS. No one outside of them has stated that Sony is going to delay the PS3.

I never said Microsoft were not ready all I said was they were rushing to get the xbox 360 out and they are. Just because they rushed to get it out doesnt mean its not finished hardware.

evilchris
10-17-05, 12:45 PM

Actually you don't have **** figured out on me.

Vagrant Zero
10-17-05, 06:13 PM

2 words. Gamespot Forums.

It's where the fanboys come to graze.