PDA

View Full Version : 360 / halo stuff

ajay()
10-17-05, 07:37 AM
Taken from www.computerandvideogames.com

"HALO 3 44% DONE RUMOUR, PLUS 1&2 PLAYABLE ON 360 FROM DAY ONE?

Latest Halo 3 whisper while US reports suggest that Halo's 1 & 2 will playable be on Xbox 360 from launch
11:22 Reports from the latest Microsoft press tour in the US are suggesting that Halos 1 & 2 will be among the first original Xbox titles to be fully playable on the Xbox 360 when it launches this festive season.
Hm, so you might categorise this news broadly along the lines of 'bear also defecates in woods', in that two of the most popular Xbox titles ever will be the first confirmed backwards compatibles. However the timing is certainly a new development and it'll add another degree of momentum to the Xbox 360's launch period. Nice to know that the Xbox icon will be playable on the next-gen console from day one too.
As to the much anticipated arrival of Halo 3, well not much of an official whisper on that since Peter Moore's recent and rather enigmatic pronouncement that, "the boys are busy".
However we do know it's heading direct to Xbox 360 and our long range radar forecast is currently expecting a debut around about spring 2006.
Most interesting are the latest - though we have to say completely unconfirmed whispers - currently running around the web, which claim to be from an inside developer source and suggest that Halo 3 is apparently 44% done, and that we will see first screens and art before the end of this month.
Let's just hope those final rumours are right but we won't be betting the farm on it."

Which sounds interesting, but made me think, will Halo on 360 look like halo on xbox, just a straight 'emulation', or will it be graphically enhanced? Or should I just wait and see, as noone can know yet? :D

|MaguS|
10-17-05, 07:40 AM
Of course Halo 1 and 2 will be playable on the x360 on the first day, to not have their biggest title playable on a future console that promises backwards compatibility would be a serious mistake. All the original Titles on the x360 will look like they did on the xbox, they will not get a graphics boost due to the difficulty in emulating the system.

As for Halo 3, Its no dout in development but who can say its 44% done, Heck even 80% done could mean another year in development depending on exactly what they have completed.

Edge
10-17-05, 01:16 PM
Hmm, it would make sense to release screenshots and information on Halo 3 the month before the Xbox 360 releases. But for Bungie, they never set solid dates anyway, so the percentage that it is complete doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Though I've heard mention that Xbox 1 games may have Anti-aliasing applied when played on the Xbox 360, but nothing is confirmed and we likely won't know until right before the console is released. But it's pretty much a given that the Halo games at least would be the first games that would be backwards compatible.

msxyz
10-17-05, 02:13 PM
Microsoft console is already sold out in many areas.

Honesty they don't need right now more adveritising. What they need is to have more consoles ready before Christmas because a lot of people are interested in the Xbox and they'll get angry (or turn down the purchase) if they can't find it in stores.

They can save all the advertising and any Halo 3 related stuff for the PS3 launch.

slick
10-17-05, 02:18 PM
Halo 3 will probably not be shown untill E3, at which point it will dominate and absolutely crush anything in it's path at the show.

The Cell Processor is capable of AI? Who cares! THERE'S A HALO 3 TRAILER OUT! WOO WOO!

Mr_LoL
10-17-05, 06:07 PM
Halo 3 will probably not be shown untill E3, at which point it will dominate and absolutely crush anything in it's path at the show.

The Cell Processor is capable of AI? Who cares! THERE'S A HALO 3 TRAILER OUT! WOO WOO!

If they show a trailer of the next GTA. That will steal the headlines.

HIWTHI
10-17-05, 06:11 PM
Is Bungie indeed making Halo 3? I thought they posted something saying that they were working on a different game or was that just a lie to try and keep down the hype?

Mr. Hunt
10-17-05, 06:28 PM
Is Bungie indeed making Halo 3? I thought they posted something saying that they were working on a different game or was that just a lie to try and keep down the hype?

Well, if I remember right, some ex-Bungie employees made a company (name escapes me right now) and they are responsible for the "Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse" game which looks very interesting (I <3 zombies) and uses the Halo engine (strangely enough :\)... could that be what you are referring to?

slick
10-17-05, 07:03 PM
Word on the street is that Bungie has a new IP, they did move to a new huge/awesome office and double employee size, but no one knows what it is yet... :(

kev13dd
10-17-05, 07:31 PM
If they show a trailer of the next GTA. That will steal the headlines.

From what I've heard (can't spout a source on this one) GTA is comming to all the consoles now, not just PlayStation. I think this will kill some of the hype around the game. Same as if Halo 3 went to PS3 as well. A big exclusive title is always more hyped up than a general. But that could be just me

Bungie came out and said they would release Halo 2.5 onto the X360 (once again, can't recall the source) which would have boosted graphics, and do everything they wanted to do with Halo 2, that they couldn't because of the limitations of the Xbox. Meaning- High Def, anti-aliasing, better textures... same game I assume, just better graphics! Woot woot

K

kev13dd
10-17-05, 07:31 PM
Ps- Didn't Bill Gates (and I'm 100% sure of this) say that Halo 3 will be released the same time as PS3?

I got in a discussion at school today debating weither they'd release it earlier if it got done sooner, or if they'd rush it to finish it up in time, or just plain release it when it is done. I'm more on the fense of "When we see PS3 available to buy, we'll see Halo 3 available to buy

K

slick
10-17-05, 07:37 PM
Bach came out a while ago and said that Bill was out of place saying that, as neither he nor Bungie knows when the game will be finished, and that he has no (direct) control to push them to finish the game for the PS3 launch if they don't think they can do it. They *hope* to have the game ready for PS3's launch, but it doesn't really matter one way or another to me. I want Halo 3 to be a GOOD game, so Bungie can take all the time it needs.

Mr. Hunt
10-17-05, 07:55 PM
Last I heard, Halo 3 was supposed to come out around the time of the Halo movie in 2007... but of course you never know what rumors to trust :\.

Ruined
10-17-05, 09:24 PM
Of course Halo 1 and 2 will be playable on the x360 on the first day, to not have their biggest title playable on a future console that promises backwards compatibility would be a serious mistake. All the original Titles on the x360 will look like they did on the xbox, they will not get a graphics boost due to the difficulty in emulating the system.

Gamepro said that Halo1/2 actually look a bit "crisper" to use their own words on the XBOX 360 than they did on XBOX1 in their article that was pulled because of the BC details they were not supposed to leak, and suggest that some minor graphical enhancements were made with the titles (perhaps enabling AA/AF?).

|MaguS|
10-17-05, 09:37 PM
If anything it would be due to being able to up the resolution to 720p but I don't know if thats a standard in backwards compatiblity in the system. I have only seen NFSU2 on it and it looked identical, but I don't really work on the console so, it could be much more, who knows.

I just hope they include SSX Tricky as one of the titles, I love that game!