PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best cooler on 6800 for OC???

DangerHiVoltage
10-18-05, 03:02 PM
Ive searched all around the net on various sites but none have the "simple" info I need.I want to know which of the 3 main choices (in my mind) is best for overclocking a vanilla 6800 128mb . (1) the zalman thing VF700-ALCU,(2) NV5 rev 2 ,(3) or those heatpipe doohikeys - VC-RHR , Zalman ZM80D-HP , Thermalright V-1 , Coolviva etc. When is somebody gonna do a side by side test of a bunch of coolers so we all know which one to buy? any advice from somebody thats tried more than 2 of the options would be great for now though. Dont tell me about water cooling im not listening right now but thanks

wrugoin
10-18-05, 10:09 PM
I had the NV5 on my Overclocked 6800NU and felt that it did a great job. Personally the NV design was most appealing because it vented the hot air out of the case. I heard arguments that the zalman had the core running a degree or two cooler, but the fact that all that hot air stays around the card until the case fans can eventually vent it was why I took the NV5.

So, to sum up my opinion, All 3 will keep your GPU nice and cool, now what else do you want out of the cooler?

jimmor
10-19-05, 07:31 AM
For overclocking the memory of a 6800LE or NU to extremes, the Arctic NV5 is best choice because it also does a very good and necessary job of cooling the DDR memory chips !