zaG
10-18-05, 08:48 PM
I love Q4 .. full of action and gore!!

HowlingPhoenix
10-18-05, 08:51 PM
So far I like Quake 4 a lot more.

six_storm
10-18-05, 08:58 PM
I haven't played Q4 yet but FEAR is pretty hard to top. I can't quit playing it!

EatFresh
10-18-05, 09:44 PM
FEAR.. easily

marqmajere
10-18-05, 10:03 PM
FEAR

/thread

nVidi0t
10-18-05, 10:38 PM
Not sure, my F.E.A.R. Install wont work!!

Ninjaman09
10-18-05, 11:09 PM
I played Quake 4 for an hour, switched to FEAR and played it for an hour. Was eagerly back to Quake 4 again after a jog and some dinner. :D

TBH I liked both games equally but I was in the mood for a more fast-paced action game, not to mention Quake 4 runs a HELL of a lot smoother than FEAR does (and looks better).

SLippe
10-19-05, 12:03 AM
All I have so far is F.E.A.R., so I can't honestly say.

Zips
10-19-05, 12:23 AM
FEAR by a long shot!

jAkUp
10-19-05, 12:23 AM
Played about an hour of each. Even fired up some quake3 DM.

To be honost, they are both fantastic games. One of the things that kinda upset me about quake4, is climbing latters... your gun is still visible! I know, but it kinda took me out of the game for a second.

I think I like FEAR slightly better... but they are both awesome :D

CaptNKILL
10-19-05, 12:51 AM
I want all of the old Q2 DM and CTF maps remade for Q4... if they do that, I'll buy it the second I hear about it :D

Subtestube
10-19-05, 12:58 AM
I want all of the old Q2 DM and CTF maps remade for Q4... if they do that, I'll buy it the second I hear about it :D

That would be awesome. I'm holding out for a 'point release' in the same style as what occured for Quake 2 - though I seem to recall that only coming out quite some time after the original game was released. All those awesome DM maps.

EDIT: I'm not actually 'holding out' - I'm still going to buy the game, but I'm HOPING for a Q2 style point release.

Slybri
10-19-05, 03:15 AM
I held both games in my hand at Best Buy, debating which to get. I was intending to get X3 reunion, but it's not till next week I find out. So.
Quake 4 or FEAR? Quake 4 looked good but ..hey I already played DOOM 3 and the add on. Same game, just with more outdoor stuff and a vehicel thrown in. And the reviews all say it's short and the combat is repetitive and uninspired. So I went with FEAR.
Glad I did.

FEAR kicks ASS!!!

I'll get Quake 4 eventually. But FEAR man....This game ROCKS!

edit: From what I just been readin in the threads here, it seems Quake 4 is better than the initial reviews. Maybe I'll pick it up tommorow. The multiplayer should keep me happy for a good while. At least till X3 and Oblivion come out. Oh, and I got AOE 3 too, just for the heck of it...

Jeeze...gonna have to get a bigger hard drive for all these games...

nVidi0t
10-19-05, 03:19 AM
Just did a 4 hour FEAR stretch, gonna install Quake 4 in the morning. So far FEAR is awesome, but nothing revolutionary. It's extremely scripted and the scares kick ass but wear a little thin.

jAkUp
10-19-05, 03:58 AM
quake4 is even more scripted than fear :D

However, it fits perfectly. I really am liking quake4. You get a little tired of the "lone marine" its fun to have some buddies on your side ;)

Another complaint I have is the outdoor sequences... it looks kinda bland, and the low res textures really get to me out there.. heh

_Thanatos_
10-19-05, 03:58 AM
Quake 4 :)

Superfly
10-19-05, 04:51 AM
VERY Interesting poll results!!! - Q4 is in the lead,, not what I expected but its very goods news as FEAR is awesome so Q4 must also be Awesome which makes me happy!!!

good stuff.

Ninjaman09
10-19-05, 07:36 AM
Probably a result of lowered expectations causing people to enjoy it more, maybe we should thank PC Gamer for that. :D

Tygerwoody
10-19-05, 08:43 AM
Quake 4 looked good but ..hey I already played DOOM 3 and the add on. Same game, just with more outdoor stuff and a vehicel thrown in.

now now.... Lets try to be fair. Quake 4 fanbois have already stated this isn't true.... The game is completely different. I mean, Quake 4 clearly doesn't have any flashlights, therefor it is nothing like Doom 3. :rolleyes:

:D

Ninjaman09
10-19-05, 09:23 AM
now now.... Lets try to be fair. Quake 4 fanbois have already stated this isn't true.... The game is completely different. I mean, Quake 4 clearly doesn't have any flashlights, therefor it is nothing like Doom 3. :rolleyes:
LOL...why don't you play the game before you open your moronic traps? It occurred to my while I was playing last night how totally wrong you were, Tyger, in your presumptions about the game. It looks, plays, and feels nothing like Doom 3. You obviously haven't even touched it yet, so why don't you give it a whirl before talking a load of trash? Instead of posting flamebait that is.

:tool:

Tygerwoody
10-19-05, 09:31 AM
LOL...why don't you play the game before you open your moronic traps? It occurred to my while I was playing last night how totally wrong you were, Tyger, in your presumptions about the game. It looks, plays, and feels nothing like Doom 3. You obviously haven't even touched it yet, so why don't you give it a whirl before talking a load of trash? Instead of posting flamebait that is.

:tool:
LoL!!!
the bait worked!

the only reason i made that post was because i knew you would say something :D I was waiting on your response ;)

I haven't even played Quake 4 yet... Was just messin with ya :)

top3koms
10-19-05, 09:36 AM
I didn't post an opinion yet.So far I am liking Quake 4 a whole lot ,enough that I haven't played FEAR yet ,I've installed it just haven't fired it up yet ,been having too much fun with Q4 :D

Ninjaman09
10-19-05, 09:41 AM
LoL!!!
the bait worked!

the only reason i made that post was because i knew you would say something :D I was waiting on your response ;)

I haven't even played Quake 4 yet... Was just messin with ya :)
I know I actually had written a much more caustic message but I was afraid I'd piss the mods off so I toned it down a bit, heh heh. You're still a tool though. :D

BTW I'm officially a Quake 4 fanb0i so I'm going to be responding to all criticisms of the game with vitriol. If you don't like Quake 4 you're a moron and a n00b. :udawg:

Also I played FEAR a little more this morning before work. I'm going to be playing it exclusively tonight, maybe I'll change my mind as I get further into the game. So far I'm loving it. What are the chances of two excellent shooters coming out the same day? :D

Tygerwoody
10-19-05, 10:09 AM
yea, I'm looking to buy Quake 4 today or this weekend maybe. To be completely honest i went to Best Buy to get Quake 4, and they didn't have it in stock yet. I wasn't even really looking to buy F.E.A.R. , but hey I had to get something :)