PDA

View Full Version : SLI, World of Warcraft, 8X.XX drivers...

Ice Nine
10-19-05, 12:27 PM
If I want to enable >8xAF and >4xFSAA, no problem. I can do it from within WoW if I set all my driver settings to "Application controlled".

Now, if I configure the driver's global settings to anything else, say, something that forces 16X AF, 16X SLI AA etc with coolbits=8, everything seems to work when the game first loads, but if I alt-tab out a bunch of things could happen...

Sometimes my display will go solid purple, though everything is still running. To fix it, I usually have to "Guess" how many alt-tabs it will take to get back to WoW.

Other times, half the screen (always the lower half) will be corrupted, and stays that way until I exit out of WoW and reload it...

If I leave the global settings at application controlled and change the WoW profile, I see the same results. It seems that forcing these higher quality levels causes this behavior...

Has anyone else seen this in WoW or any other app? Does anyone know of any workarounds that would allow these higher quality settings to work without corrupting the display after an alt-tab?

Thanks in advance!

-Karl