PDA

View Full Version : Worst review EVER!

Pages : [1] 2

wrugoin
10-19-05, 02:14 PM
Well, so much for my Comic Book Guy impression.

However, I was excited to find a review of my GPU, the 7800GT vs the ATI X1800 XL, so I clicked on this link (http://www.amdreview.com/reviews.php?rev=vcbench) on the NVNews.net homepage.

Let me just say that I was stunned that someone would post such a bad review. So stunned that I registered to their forums just to say so. It isn't hard to find good hardware websites and learn the essentials of what should be included within a proper hardware review.

I'm sure that after reading this review, you'll be wondering yourself how they could have looked at their final draft and felt "Yeah! that's pretty good. I think I'll post that."

Cruel_Logic
10-19-05, 02:40 PM
I have heard many different stories about how the x1800xl can be godly overclocked and hitting the 11,000 mark with 3Dmark05 and the same with the 7800GTs. But after looking through several reviews and overclocking web sites, I found no actual proof of these high overclocks, not saying they don't exist, I just couldn't find any. Every screenshot I found was a lot lower then 11,000, and this goes for both cards. Every score I actually have seen a screen shot of has been under a 9,000 score, I did see plenty of scores over 13,000 running an SLI setup.

For one thing, it's hard to tell what he is trying to say. Secondly:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26818

how hard was that?

Ninjaman09
10-19-05, 02:40 PM
Uh...yeah that was pretty horrible. They didn't even test any games. I cracked up when I read their Overclocking section - "Hey guys, can you do all the work for us?", to say nothing of their conclusion.

I guess it was kind of adorable in the way it's adorable when your 4-year old draws you a picture.

subbo
10-19-05, 05:44 PM
Hey if they can get a brand new part free from ATI by writing a few lines of gibberish then all the power to them. But they couldhave taken the time to put up some pictures.

Also to the Inquirer, its "Finnish" not Finish, and I think the guy is also Makki or Macci.. not Maki?

tacos4me
10-19-05, 06:15 PM
http://www.amdreview.com/graphics/00000001/vcbench/big_7800gt.jpg

Uhh..

CaptNKILL
10-19-05, 06:49 PM
Uhh..
:rofl
He mirrored the picture... for what reason?? :lol:

Redshirt #24
10-19-05, 06:57 PM
Probably to contrast the X1800XL image. It, of course, looks just odd.

The review itself, moreover, is astonishingly uninformative. What parts were in the test PC? How fast was the X2 chip they used? What driversets? Did he actually manage to whip this trainwreck on ASCII up over lunch at Starbucks to meet a deadline?

Richteralan
10-19-05, 07:02 PM
That's a fun read:lol:

CaptNKILL
10-19-05, 07:05 PM
Probably to contrast the X1800XL image. It, of course, looks just odd.

The review itself, moreover, is astonishingly uninformative. What parts were in the test PC? How fast was the X2 chip they used? What driversets? Did he actually manage to whip this trainwreck on ASCII up over lunch at Starbucks to meet a deadline?
You're giving him too much credit... he probably did it during his Keyboarding class in junior high :lol:

jAkUp
10-19-05, 07:06 PM
Oh god thats horrid.

XP_GUN
10-19-05, 07:17 PM
Wow that has to be the worst review EVER! :rofl

Clay
10-19-05, 09:04 PM
@tacos4me: Please don't hotlink images directly from another website. Add it as an attachment to your post or use imageshack.us or tinypic.com.

Daneel Olivaw
10-19-05, 09:21 PM
o

. . . . . . .my

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .God

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .!

that's a lame review. Even a first grade teacher would think its crap. My 3-line sig is more informative. It has to be a joke.

slick
10-19-05, 09:36 PM
$20 says that's the last time they ever get a card. What a horrible review.

Q
10-19-05, 10:56 PM
Aw come on guys, don't you think you're being a little tough on the guy?

Me neither.

Joe Public
10-20-05, 04:59 AM
Well, at least he bothered to run 3Dmark. :D

No, seriously. ATi and nVidia should send someone over to kick him in the head.

BrianG
10-20-05, 07:17 AM
Yeah, it sucked. I laughed out loud when I read it. The worst thing about this thread is that the review is getting hits just to see how bad the review is. Would it have killed him to run just one benchmark on his own? n00b.

verncat
10-20-05, 07:26 AM
That has to top the list of "worst ever". And all this time I've been reluctant to put my just-turned 6 year old daughter to work! It looks as if his parents weren't so reluctant!

Edge
10-20-05, 07:58 AM
Haha...wow...I think it's sad that THAT guy gets free hardware but we don't (well, most of us, anyway ;) ). And why is the section for the 3dmark comparision even called "benchmarks"? There was only ONE benchmark, it's not even supposed to be plural! And the guy has a section on overclocking, but he didn't even overclock the cards! In fact, the only purpose I can see that article accomplishing is as an advertisement for buying the cards from monarchcomputers (of which there are no less than 4 links to). And did anyone think that it's funny that wrugoin's reply in the thread about the review is much more detailed and informative than the review itself :rofl

Seriously, someone go steal those cards from him and write a real review, I'm sure any of us could do a better job than he did.

nrs421
10-20-05, 08:19 AM
the rest of this guys reviews are just as bad.....did you read his review on SB XiFi

Overall, this sound card rulez, and the fact I heard that made me want to review this card was that the Audigy2 had 4.6 million transistors of audio power and this new series has 51 million, thats huge, and that makes me a happier gamer.

I gave this card a 9 only because of what I have heard about the higher end versions, and it sounds like I am going to have to save the 10 for the Elite and Fatality versions

BrianG
10-20-05, 09:05 AM
:retard: Pulitzer stuff.

Daneel Olivaw
10-20-05, 01:27 PM
He has to be kidding

BrianG
10-20-05, 01:33 PM
He has to be kidding
Still 163 days until April Fool's Day. Hmmm...

Redshirt #24
10-20-05, 03:58 PM
It bears mentioning (or rather repeating, since it was initially mentioned on the first page of this thread) that the same guy also wrote an even worse "review" of the SoundBlaster X-Fi (http://www.amdreview.com/reviews.php?rev=cxfi).

retsam
10-20-05, 04:05 PM
Creative once again leads PC audio into the next generation with their new X-Fi Sound card series, with 51 million transistors and on board ram, SOUNDS like a winner to me! this was his introduction!!! ...what the hell it sounds more like a conclustion to me ....