PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. too short?

supra
10-20-05, 12:01 AM
ello,

Ok so I just finished F.E.A.R. & wow! probably best single player fps Ive ever played.

But does anyone else reckon that it was a bit short? or is it just me?
Ive been playing it for a couple of hours in the past two days and the ending was a bit of a surprise. I was like.. "Oh, its finished..." :(

I guess time to play it again on high difficulty & bust some multiplayer action :D

would love to see an expansion or something to this brilliant game :)

AthlonXP1800
10-20-05, 12:08 AM
Well for me, it way very short game, it not worth the money for full game, this game is much less than an expansion pack. I would say it sort of mini game that should cost 9.99 to buy the game.

Mr_LoL
10-20-05, 12:24 AM
Well for me, it way very short game, it not worth the money for full game, this game is much less than an expansion pack. I would say it sort of mini game that should cost 9.99 to buy the game.

9.99? You have to be kidding me.

crainger
10-20-05, 06:01 AM
A good game always is too short, you just want it to keep on going and going.

PaiN
10-20-05, 06:20 AM
I did my bitching & moaning about this.....way back when I first heard it was a 10 hour SP game .......It stinks for such a great game :mad:

supra
10-20-05, 10:57 AM
A good game always is too short, you just want it to keep on going and going.

i dunno about that. Im pretty satisfied with hl2, doom3, farcry :D

anticitizenzero
10-20-05, 11:02 AM
It was way to short, I would have been willing to wait an extra few months if they included an extra few levels to give some variety to game, seems ilke it really only consists of 3 big levels, Industrial area, Office, and The research place. They could have included a few more enemies as well.

ralinn
10-20-05, 11:03 AM
I don't think it was too short at all. It was probably the perfect size for an FPS as well. To many games drag out far too long and become repetitive. I didn't get bored of FEAR and I'll be playing through it again unlock most longer FPS's. Calling it smaller then an expansion is just exaggerating.

Ninjaman09
10-20-05, 11:04 AM
Ive been playing it for a couple of hours in the past two days and the ending was a bit of a surprise. I was like.. "Oh, its finished..." :(
That's how the ending of Half-Life 2 felt for me. But really older games weren't much longer. I think Deus Ex was the only 20+ hour SP shooter I can think of in recent memory.

BioHazZarD
10-20-05, 11:41 AM
I also think its way to short.

KrAzYeTy
10-20-05, 12:05 PM
Yes it was way too short, but I am playing it again.

Some aspects of the story are a little hard to understand the first time through, but now its making alot more sense.

Awesome game though, too bad we probably have to wait a few years for an expansion!

Mr. Hunt
10-20-05, 12:14 PM
I thought it was the perfect length. I was NEVER bored and the way it ended was great and sets up the supposed expansion pack rather nicely.

JCGhz
10-20-05, 03:25 PM
10 hrs... $5 an hour is worth it for me:) Quit whining and take it out on people in multiplayer:)

supra
10-20-05, 08:24 PM
I don't think it was too short at all. It was probably the perfect size for an FPS as well. To many games drag out far too long and become repetitive. I didn't get bored of FEAR and I'll be playing through it again unlock most longer FPS's. Calling it smaller then an expansion is just exaggerating.

Yeah I know what you mean. I didnt get bored with FEAR at all. I guess maybe thats what the developers wanted?

But I dont think I can get sick of watching grenade + slo mo or shotgun + slo mo hehe :D

nutcrackr
10-20-05, 08:53 PM
Took me 7 hours to complete and I wasn't really rushing through (ok the first hour I rushed) but it was pretty short because I died a lot. If they aimed at making it longer I think we'd really start to see more people complaining about it being repetitive. I guess they could've included a few seperate areas and more enemies or maybe even things like training stuff.

Fuku2
10-20-05, 10:36 PM
Hmm. I think it took me 8 hours or more on easiest setting. That's not too bad for a game at all. No complaints about the single player time length here.