PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Borked ?

MUYA
10-20-05, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, this is really pee'ing me off. I have teh Special DVD ver of Quake4, everything works a charm...except the Multiplayer option!!! I cannot even retreive a new list, just says "0 servers" found? I didn't install Punkbuster...do u think this might be the problem? The SP runs great just fricking MP??? Does someone have a server up and running i can try and connect to?

Ghosthunter
10-20-05, 09:38 AM
i am having no problems but i did install punkbuster. I would try uninstalling and reisntall with punkbuster, eventually most dedicated servers will use punkbuster anyway...and only way to get it is by resintalling quake4

MUYA
10-20-05, 09:41 AM
I should get a list with or without punkbuster...just not accpeted to a server with punkbuster enabled. Thats the problem, when i click on retrive new list...nada, i get no list of servers! :(

Ghosthunter
10-20-05, 09:45 AM
i agree...just figured maybe worth it to reinstall anyway..

also any software firewalls maybe blocking it to find servers?

I am only guessing dont really know.

MUYA
10-20-05, 09:56 AM
I disabled all firewalls...I use zonearlm...nada...I will try reinstalling :(

Ninjaman09
10-20-05, 10:06 AM
Dunno man, it works fine for me. I wish I could be more helpful. :(

MUYA
10-20-05, 10:26 AM
ah crickey...either it was peer guardian or that I didn't instal punk buster....I uninstalled and reinstalled punkbuster this and works fine...got abso powned in a HKG server, then again, i am crap at MPas Udawg and teh gang can testify too :p

Rampant CL
10-21-05, 02:01 AM
Don't worry, I'll have my dedicated q4 server up by the next week, so you can blame it on ping instead lol, jk, but, it will be there if anyone wants to test stuff out.