PDA

View Full Version : Forceware 82.10 Beta WinXP32

JimBobb
10-20-05, 12:34 PM
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1227

OWA
10-20-05, 12:37 PM
Just as a FYI:

Dell has a new driver up and running. Quite an interesting one also as these are version ForceWare with build number 82.10 They are targeted and made for mobile users though. However, if you would like to try out these drivers on a regular graphics card then click on this link then you will download a small modified .inf file, simply replace this file with the one in the archive and pray your card is supported (you might need to do a manual install).

Electronic Punk
10-20-05, 12:50 PM
Mine were built on the 23rd Sept, so are very old.
If you are already using the latest official drivers there is no point even looking at these.

Wolken007
10-20-05, 12:52 PM
Even with the modded inf they didn't install correctly on my 7800GTX SLI setup. Could be just a problem with SLI because they are mobile drivers. Not worth taking a look at.

mobilenvidia
10-20-05, 01:08 PM
I have made a proper INF for this driver, some folk have no idea how to make one.
I have just uploaded it.

Driver uploading now should be up very shortly.

This driver has the new Control Panel !

Links to driver and INF can be found in my sig.

Enjoy, not able to test as I am running very late for work (again :) )

fatal1ty
10-20-05, 01:20 PM
I have made a proper INF for this driver, some folk have no idea how to make one.
I have just uploaded it.

Driver uploading now should be up very shortly.

Links to driver and INF can be found in my sig.

Enjoy, not able to test as I am running very late for work (again :) )

Thats cool, but are the driver files actually NEWER? We've already got beta 82.xx that are older than the 81.85s. The build number isnt everything.

OWA
10-20-05, 03:21 PM

For everyone or just the special people? :) With one of the others sets, some got the new control panel but some didn't. I was in the not special enough category so I didn't get to see it...well, other than screenshots. :(

mobilenvidia
10-20-05, 09:31 PM
These are older in date but newer in version.
nVidia have many beta's on the go at the same time to test various bits and pieces.
When they are satisified, these pieces are then merged into other later drivers

Any driver ending in a zero is the very first in a series of driver (ie 82.10)
So 81.80 is older than 82.10 in version and date.
BUT a certain series might be promising and updated and others are just ignored.
So the 81.8x drivers are updated and become newer in date.

82.10 has newer technonlogy than the 81.8x series drivers (the new Mobile GPUs are added)

It is very hard to say which are really newer as there are many variable on the go with nVidia.

New Control panel is same as 81.82 you'll need to run nvcplui.exe to see it.
I miust do some testing with these.

mobilenvidia
10-20-05, 11:14 PM
One good thing with these, I can get the new Control Panel to come up with just right clicking on the desktop :)
I installed using 'Setup.exe' (and my modded INF replacing original ofcourse) right over the top of 81.85.
And then was able to choose the new or old CP's, altough only 1 can be open at once.

Now to try and get the new CP to stick to the Taskbar.

Muppet
10-21-05, 05:32 AM
New Control panel is same as 81.82 you'll need to run nccplui.exe to see it.
I miust do some testing with these.
How do you run it if it ain't there in the 81.85s ?

rewt
10-21-05, 05:43 AM
Copy it over from 81.82, or 82.10, whichever CP is newer.

Muppet
10-21-05, 03:35 PM
Copy it over from 81.82, or 82.10, whichever CP is newer.
Thanks i'll give that a try :)

Eliminator
10-21-05, 08:47 PM
im using these right now on my 6800gt.... i get weird muzzle flashes in cs source.... the new control panel sux.... and they dont fix the stuttering

Muppet
10-23-05, 09:51 PM
ok just downloaded the 82.10s, but i can't find the file nccplui.exe

mobilenvidia
10-23-05, 10:56 PM
ok just downloaded the 82.10s, but i can't find the file nccplui.exe
Thats probably because it's called nvcplui.exe, a spelling mistake above from me :blush:

Muppet
10-23-05, 11:39 PM
Thats probably because it's called nvcplui.exe, a spelling mistake above from me :blush:
No worries mate, thanks for that :)

Muppet
10-24-05, 12:17 AM
Ok found the file double clicked on it and it's an .ex_ and windows tries to search for how to open it, any suggestions :o

F_L_C
10-24-05, 01:04 AM
You'll need to expand the file first before executing. But don't waste your time because I already failed to get the new CP to work w/ 81.85. First, it needs one other file from 82.10 to even execute (nvExpBar.dll). After expanding this dll, the new CP would open but it was blank like some others have experienced with that leaked 81.8x. Just wait for the next leaked or official non-mobile set w/ all the necessary files.

mobilenvidia
10-24-05, 01:22 AM
Ok found the file double clicked on it and it's an .ex_ and windows tries to search for how to open it, any suggestions :o
The file gets expanded to /windows/system32/ directory as well and it will be runable from there.

You'll need to expand the file first before executing. But don't waste your time because I already failed to get the new CP to work w/ 81.85. First, it needs one other file from 82.10 to even execute (nvExpBar.dll). After expanding this dll, the new CP would open but it was blank like some others have experienced with that leaked 81.8x. Just wait for the next leaked or official non-mobile set w/ all the necessary files.
Copying the file from a different version won't work it checks the version number before running.
You also have to modify the INF to install the new CP files.
82.10 comes with the new CP and you can just run nvcplui.exe to run it.

hypertek
10-24-05, 01:55 AM
how r these in bf2?

SLippe
10-25-05, 01:13 PM
These seem to be great drivers. I have the new cp in the right-click now on my desktop. I gained a little in benchies and lost a little. I have played FEAR, Doom 3, NHL 06, SW KoToR, Postal 2, UT2K4, and Far Cry with absolutely no hitches. I don't have my benchmark scores with me (not at home) but will post as soon as I can. A keeper set for me. Oh, I don't get any stuttering or pausing with these when playing WMVHD videos either, ie. Step Into Liquid.

EDIT: Signature updated.

crocket
10-31-05, 04:34 AM
hell-o all :)

please may someone post his benchmarks of 82.10 compared to older benchmarks of older 70s- or 80s-drivers for desktop-pc not notebook ?!

i havent the time to test each driver. I want to know if 82.10 increases performance compared to older 70s- or 80s-drivers.

my benchmarks-results for workstations not labtops at :

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1448536#post1448536

ty for help :)

cheers ciao from crocket :)