PDA

View Full Version : Fix for the brightness issue under 81.85/4

regeneration
10-21-05, 11:34 AM
You probably noticed a lot of brightness issues with the new nVidia Direct Access which being used in ForceWare 81.85/4. This appears on many CRT monitors.

Solution:
You can use this modified INF (http://www.ngohq.com/nv4_disp.inf) OR you can use the NGO NVIDIA Optimized driver v1.8185 (http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=nvidia)

Have fun!

OWA
10-21-05, 11:40 AM
Brightness issues?

regeneration
10-21-05, 11:42 AM
NV Direct Access is causing a lot of annoying issues with some monitors.

OWA
10-21-05, 11:46 AM
I was hoping you'd elaborate on what is happening. :) So, can you list some examples of what is going on?

regeneration
10-21-05, 11:52 AM
nVidia added Direct Access feature, It suppose to allow the user to control the monitor settings inside ForceWare via DDC. Some CRT monitors, for example LG. Dont like this new feature, everytime the user access ForceWare CP, the monitor settings are being restored to defaults and the user has to reset his monitor's settings.

Check out this example (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=8226)

OWA
10-21-05, 12:16 PM
Ah, okay. I just hadn't seen anything mentioned about brightness issues so I was wondering what the issue was.

mcbacker
10-21-05, 05:00 PM
Tx a lot man!

I've reported this error a few days ago when installed 81.84... NDA really SUCKS!

MC

Demon_82
10-22-05, 06:17 AM
Thanks! I'm LG user and I was suffering this brigthness control madness.

CocaCola
12-05-05, 07:23 AM
i got a big and different problem w/ this fu&¨#*@% direct access!

I just formatted my pc, and began installing drivers, so, I installed the nvidia nforce4 new drivers, reset, and installed the nvidia forceware 81.95 driver.

And, because my previous driver was 77.81, I went into configuration settings to check it out.

When I saw the Direct Access LG T910b (my monitor)!!

Entered the menu, and evrthing went nuts! First, the screen gone all black (was the brightness setting that went to ZERO), and after that, the monitor gone like "old", it was all kinda gray, no life on colours at all, the more brightness I put, more gray it gone....

Messing around, i noticed that my contrast setting on the monitor was 100 (but, was like 1000x more than the 100 contrast original setting - if you know what i mean). AND THE MOST ANNOYING THING!! THE CONTRAST IS LOCKED IN 100!!!!! I cant change, neither on the monitor buttons itself. And plugging the monitor on another pc, does not change the settings, neither resetting to its default factory settings!

Two hours later, i managed once to "unlock" that "old looks" from the monitor, i was messing around on the driver screen, and triying evrthing i could. But the good feeling was washed away minutes after I managed to repair the settings, when i restarted the PC, the contrast locked up all over again, and the "old looks" came back. :(

What can i do?

I tried to unninstall the driver, rolled back, installed the 81.95 again, installed previous drivers, resetted the monitor, plugged it onto another pc, plugged out for like 10 minutes, pressed all buttons at the same time....nothing works!!!

p.s. The minus button (contrast) is working, cause pressing it, brings the menu up, but doesn´t change the contrast setting at all! I can change the brightness from the monitor also.

HELP ME OUT PLEASE!