PDA

View Full Version : Dual display help -

GuOD
10-21-05, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been using dual displays recently and I just realised that it was cuasing my computer to freeze/crash (the nview desktop or whatever, that allows diff backgrounds). I updated to latest forceware and it appears to have stopped now though :)

Anyway, I just had a question and I have a feeling this is impossible. I use a program called Girder which allows me to control my computer with a remote - so I was wondering if there's any way to turn off just one of my monitors (the 2nd display) while watching a movie or something.. or if I wanted to turn it off while gaming. Any input/ideas appreciated =)

Gentle
10-21-05, 09:49 PM
Right click on the Nvidia icon in your system tray.

Choose nView Display Settings.

Select Single Display.

Select the display you want to actually use.

Gentle

P.S. If this isn't what you meant, perhaps you can look into getting X-10 modules that you can plug your monitor into and then using an X-10 RF remote you could turn off the monitor power. **NOTE** Do not just do that, do research with X-10 or forums that are dedicated to X-10 modules to see if it is feasible and safe.

GuOD
10-21-05, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the advice.

That is what I'm looking for - but a little different.

For instance, in Girder there is a command "Monitor off" and when I use that, it turns off BOTH monitors so I was wondering if there was a way to make it more advanced and have a "turn off" or "idle" command sent to ONLY the secondary display.. not actually turning the power off.

Edit: I just want to be clear - i'm not powering them off, they're turning "off" into standby mode (ie, turn screen off after 5 minutes of activity mode)