PDA

View Full Version : New power supply for my computer suggestions

MtViewGuy
10-22-05, 12:43 AM
I want to get a new, more powerful power supply that works with the Abit AB-KT7A-RAID motherboard than the 300 W Sparkle unit I have in there right now.

But here's the problem: the AB-KT7A-RAID motherboard does not support 24-pin power connectors (it has a 20-pin power connector). :thumbdwn: Does anyone know where I can get a high-quality 20-pin power connector power supply in the 450-500 Watt range? :confused:

Scorpiuscat
10-22-05, 01:00 AM
In my opinion, this is the best power supply on the market today.

Neo Power (http://www.antec.com/uk/productDetails.php?ProdID=05481)

Antec's Neo Power rocks, the best part is that all the powers cables detach, this you cna put in only waht oyu need and not have all those extra power cables to deal with in your case.

Roadhog
10-22-05, 01:02 AM
Seasonic S12-600W <--- kicks ass

MtViewGuy
10-22-05, 01:09 AM
Antec's Neo Power rocks, the best part is that all the powers cables detach, this you cna put in only waht oyu need and not have all those extra power cables to deal with in your case.

I had considered getting the Antec Neo Power, but still that power supply uses a 24-pin power connector, not the 20-pin power connector my AB-KT7A-RAID motherboard requires. :thumbdwn:

(EDIT: Never mind. I looked up Antec's web site and the Neo Power 480 does include a 24-to-20 pin ATX power connection adapter. (omg) )