PDA

View Full Version : Razerzone - teh JERK store

keith33
10-22-05, 04:56 PM
I ordered my Copperhead 3 weeks ago from the Razer store and they charged my credit card that day (I called Visa to check), and they sent me two non-descript confirmation emails since then. I don't have a single tracking number or order number or know the status of my order and my Copperhead is no where to be seen. How long did it take to get your Razer order, this seems like a really unprofessional way to conduct business to me and although I may buy a Razer product again it certainly won't be from their store. I've sent emails to their store support with no response and there isn't even a number I can call.

All I wanted was a new mouse. Sheesh.

I should mention that the mouse was in stock when I hit the order button.:(

Clay
10-22-05, 10:49 PM
Have you contacted their customer service department? I've always had very prompt and trackable (via ticket numbers) e-mail correspondence with Razer. I've never ordered from their online store though. I hope this gets resolved soon, keep us posted.

ViN86
10-23-05, 01:49 AM
my only problem with razer is getting some 64 bit drivers...

i had an RMA with them once, and they were very prompt and efficient. id check with customer service, as im sure it was just a mistake about your mouse, or they forgot to notify you its on backorder or something.

Hex
10-23-05, 01:56 AM
ack no 64 bit drivers?

A friend of mine ordered a plasma a while back , they charged her card and then went out of stock and never updated her at all.

jAkUp
10-23-05, 02:08 AM
Yea but you don't really need drivers. You can adjust DPI on the mouse itself :)

Hex
10-23-05, 02:34 AM
I am going to hope that applies to the Plasma too, I havent opened the box yet until my vid card gets in and my system is finally put together.

BrianG
10-23-05, 08:57 AM
I ordered my Copperhead 3 weeks ago from the Razer store and they charged my credit card that day (I called Visa to check), and they sent me two non-descript confirmation emails since then. I don't have a single tracking number or order number or know the status of my order and my Copperhead is no where to be seen. How long did it take to get your Razer order, this seems like a really unprofessional way to conduct business to me and although I may buy a Razer product again it certainly won't be from their store. I've sent emails to their store support with no response and there isn't even a number I can call.

All I wanted was a new mouse. Sheesh.

I should mention that the mouse was in stock when I hit the order button.:(
Nice Seinfeld reference.

Anyway, the email/phone call to customer service should include the phrase, "while I am certain I would like to buy the Copperhead, I certainly would like the BUY the Copperhead." Heh. Remind them that NewEgg has it in stock and ready to ship. I know, I bought from NewEgg.

keith33
10-23-05, 09:09 AM
Thanks guys, do you happen to know their customer support number? I'm in Canada so I can't order from newegg. My only hope is that CrazyPC won't charge an arm and a leg to ship across the border. I wanted the first edition which is why I ordered from Razer but right now I'll take what I can get.

BrianG
10-23-05, 09:32 AM
I would just start re-sending the email to addresses on the contact page until someone gets pissed and replies. Heh.

keith33
10-24-05, 06:03 PM
Well no one got pissed and replied so I got pretty pissed and told Visa to stop payment, maybe it's the only way to get a reply here. Now I'm trying to find the fastest place to ship out a Copperhead to Canada. I'm thinking CrazyPC but not sure yet.

Aphot
10-24-05, 08:30 PM
I was gonna say NCIX, but they dont have it in stock.

ViN86
10-24-05, 08:48 PM
Yea but you don't really need drivers. You can adjust DPI on the mouse itself :)
is that only on the copperhead jAk? cause my diamondback doesnt seem to have that feature. also, i like the on-the-fly sensitivity changing, which i think i need the drivers for :(

Clay
10-24-05, 09:21 PM
is that only on the copperhead jAk? cause my diamondback doesnt seem to have that feature. also, i like the on-the-fly sensitivity changing, which i think i need the drivers for :(The Copperhead has 32K of onboard memory which the Diamondback did not. I'm not 100% certain about whether or not this is what allows for the on-the-fly (without drivers) sensitivity and dpi setting changes. Either way, the Copperhead's settings can be changed on-the-fly without drivers.

Strahd
10-26-05, 03:22 PM
I have a MX-510 and I'm upgrading to the copperhead (when the razerzone decides to get them in and send me the one I ordered that they already charged me for). I have to use the logitech software and drivers for button assignment, can you guys change the button assignments without the drivers?

keith33
10-26-05, 05:05 PM
Update - I was shopping on the weekend for some other stuff and came across a G5 at Best Buy, just caved in and bought it, loving the big feet and new 2000dpi mode (using it 24/7 without issue). Only thing is that it's way bigger than my old Copperhead and its hard to get used to. Oh well, we'll see how I frag later tonight :).

jAkUp
10-26-05, 05:08 PM
I have a MX-510 and I'm upgrading to the copperhead (when the razerzone decides to get them in and send me the one I ordered that they already charged me for). I have to use the logitech software and drivers for button assignment, can you guys change the button assignments without the drivers?

AFAIK there is no way to change the button assignments without drivers.

Well, I suppose maybe you can change the button assignments on another machine, then save it to the mouse...