PDA

View Full Version : quake4 Browser

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
10-22-05, 08:06 PM
How do you filter games? I want to filter empty servers, and full servers, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how! It seems like there is only a sort feature.. no filter though...

Tool99
10-23-05, 11:59 AM
I was wondering about this too...

jAkUp
10-23-05, 12:08 PM
Nice Lateralus avatar! New tool album soon, I'm excited :D

Killall
10-23-05, 12:14 PM
Good question.. i sumehow feel this game was rushed.. not alot of music (no music at all online) or ambients sounds.. and a server browers thats pritty annoiying

jAkUp
10-23-05, 12:28 PM
Yea I really hate the server browser, for one it doesnt seem to even have a filter option, and for 2 when you hover over a server it places this big box that covers up half of them and 3, you have no arrows to scroll up and down, only a drag.

BioHazZarD
10-23-05, 12:31 PM
Thats what happens when someone else then ID develop the game.

Zeta
10-23-05, 02:33 PM
With all its problems I still think its better than BF2's server browser at launch.

GlowStick
10-23-05, 02:47 PM
Yep i use the ingame one. At least it works out of the box unlike Doom3's heh.

However, i cant belive you cant mousewheel up and down. wow because its so freakin hard to use that crappy slide bar heh.

Im waiting for all seeing eye to update for quake 4, however that will take months.
edit here is a working one.
http://www.kquery.com/

RAY16
10-23-05, 03:23 PM
Thats what happens when someone else then ID develop the game.

Quake 3's in-game server browser wasn't much better...

top3koms
10-23-05, 04:10 PM
Just gotta wait for the The All Seeing Eye to get their filter together then I'll be set,shouldn't be too long.I do have to agree that the in-game browser is utter crap.

alucard_x
10-24-05, 08:10 AM
i wouldn't say utter crap, thats pretty extreme. imo, its one of the better ones that are shipped as in game browsers. it just needs filters for empty/full, and scroll arrows.

Gnu_Raiz
10-24-05, 10:59 AM
The problem I have with external server browsers is the fact that, in order to use them you need to quit the game, and then find the server then start the game again.

That really sucks if you want to find a good low ping server with just the right settings that you like, so I like the in game browsers for that purpose.

I think the sort function acts like a filter, for example if you click the punkbuster icon on the top, twice it shows the servers who do not use it, same with dedicated. I do like the little star for favorites, but at times it does not show all my favorites, maybe they were off line or were unpingable.

What gets me is why do most servers have voting turned off, I hate it when you do not have the choice to vote out of or those laggy maps. I always see a ton of people leave when they come up in rotation. also weapon stay is nice on some maps, I hate waiting for a spawing weapon.

Gnu_Raiz

jAkUp
10-24-05, 11:28 AM
Yes it shows all the servers, but what if I want to filter empty servers, non PB servers, only DM etc.

DaveW
10-24-05, 12:00 PM
With all its problems I still think its better than BF2's server browser at launch.

Writing server IPs on a piece of paper was better than BF2s server browsers at launch! :)

HiT
10-24-05, 05:26 PM
Does everyone else just get 1000 servers listed. If there is more and some of the ones not shown are your faves it can be quite annoying.

And I have to agree; that drag is very annoying, it moves far too fast through the servers...plus wasnt clear that it was there at first.

ASE and even Gamespy will be better.

Zeta
10-26-05, 06:08 PM
Writing server IPs on a piece of paper was better than BF2s server browsers at launch! :)

Thats too funny. I actually wrote all my favorite IP's on paper for BF2. HAHAHA

HiT
10-27-05, 05:47 PM
Im waiting for all seeing eye to update for quake 4, however that will take months.
edit here is a working one.
http://www.kquery.com/

Good shout kquery is decent.

FYI for anyone that cares Gamespy now supports Q4.....ill stick to kquery tho :)

GlowStick
10-28-05, 11:48 AM
All Seeing Eye is half way there. It can scan servers you add manualy.

GlowStick
10-28-05, 06:50 PM
http://q4echelon.thewizclan.com/

Stand alone, small efficent.

get it now!

HiT
10-29-05, 09:47 AM
ASE looks to be fully up and running for q4 now. See you in-game!

ynnek
10-30-05, 02:32 AM
I just installed this.. I like it.

What other ones should I try out?

Good shout kquery is decent.

FYI for anyone that cares Gamespy now supports Q4.....ill stick to kquery tho :)

ynnek
10-30-05, 03:10 PM
yea, i just noticed that too.. only 1000.

Does everyone else just get 1000 servers listed. If there is more and some of the ones not shown are your faves it can be quite annoying.

And I have to agree; that drag is very annoying, it moves far too fast through the servers...plus wasnt clear that it was there at first.

ASE and even Gamespy will be better.

alucard_x
10-31-05, 09:18 AM
ASE has support but when you refresh the game list nothing happens. you can, however, import a kquery list into ASE which is what i was doing..

i haven't been finding a whole lot of low ping servers with people on them. theres usually 2-3 servers under 100 with people actually playing, and one of them is tourney which i'm not interested in.

ynnek
11-01-05, 05:07 PM
I was looking at ASE.. all seeing eye.. did I read that correctly? You have to pay for a subscription? Uh, I'm not doing that.

I just figured out how Gamespy Arcade works.. wow, Gamespy has come a long way huh.. My friend that hasn't touched Gamespy since the Quake2 days was even confusd what to download, lol.

However Gamespy Arcade is NOT limited to 1000 servers, I just got 1639 from them last time..

Once kquery works for > 1000 servers, I'm switching back.

alucard_x
11-02-05, 09:34 AM
i use some older version of ase shareware that i upgraded to q4 support.. it comes up with a box talkign about trial over and i hit no.. and then it works fine.

i may try going back to gamespy arcade.. ugh, not looking forward to it.