PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. Return to savegame all black screen?

jmacdonald801
10-22-05, 09:26 PM
I have a strange issue that I can not seem to find any information about anywhere.

When I go back to play f.e.a.r. and load an quicksave game, I can see my gun, and some bad guys, but the everything else is just a sea of black. And it also moves at 1 frame per minute.

I doesn't seem to do this if I start a new game, and only for some levels and places.

I have tried changing every combination of options in fear, and in nhancer to no avail.

I have a 7800GTX with an AMD X2 4400+. Fear 1.01 patch. Nvidia 81.85, and latest nforce platform drivers. Problem occurs wether overclocked or not. Prime95 stable for 24 hours. Everything else works slick.

I'm buggered. Does anyone know how to fix this?

grey_1
10-22-05, 09:37 PM
Some users may experience problems with saving game data. This problem can
manifest itself as a "Feature Transfer Error" during install, or as
difficulty in saving profiles and performance settings. This issue may
also prevent levels from loading. This is due to complications with the
installer and some Windows platforms, most notably Windows XP Home. From the read-me...it might be related. there's also some fixes listed in there. Good luck.

jmacdonald801
10-22-05, 09:40 PM
From the read-me...it might be related. there's also some fixes listed in there. Good luck.

I'm on Windows XP Pro, and I can load the save games, just it's all fubarred (slow as pregnant snail) and blacked out when the level is loaded.

Edge
10-22-05, 09:44 PM
I JUST encountered this myself. I'm going to have to go back and check a few things, I decided to quit since I was playing for a while anyway, but I'm hoping loading a previous savegame will keep it from happening again.

jmacdonald801
10-22-05, 11:42 PM
I can't find any way around it. I don't want to loose 3 levels of play by going back.