PDA

View Full Version : quake4 online multiplayer issues...

therapture
10-23-05, 01:12 AM
Tired of this randomly crashing, piece of ****.....very fun game, but I am getting tired of the BS.

Sometimes you can go hours with no issues, other times it crashes in the middle of a game after 2 minutes, another time it crashes when a level ends....

No, it is NOT related to overclocking the cpu or vid card, as it happens randomly even at stock speeds. Different driver versions have no effect.

I love the online play, but this random crashing **** is ridiculous...lots of people are having the issue, just look around the forums....

No other games I play have this issue, including Doom3, Q3A, Q1, MS Flight Sim 2004, FEAR, and HL2....it's Q4 related, period. Reinstalls have no relief....

OWA
10-23-05, 01:47 AM
Try looking at some of the other crashing threads. It may be related to audio drivers.

therapture
10-23-05, 02:00 AM
Try looking at some of the other crashing threads. It may be related to audio drivers.

Too bad it does not seem that way, since no other game *at all* exhibits this problem....I am using the onboard sound. No OpenAL here....:D :(

Not to mention how truly random it is....

HiT
10-23-05, 05:45 AM
There is sure to be a patch for this. Ive seen this complaint a few times too.