PDA

View Full Version : is there going to be a Far Cry exp?

anticitizenzero
10-23-05, 11:50 AM
I remember hearing this somewhere, does anyone have any info about this?

nVidi0t
10-23-05, 12:00 PM
No doubt there will be.

jAkUp
10-23-05, 12:04 PM
No info, the only thing we know is that it is in the works.

The only FarCry info we have is the video of the Cryengine 2 which was amazing, but I doubt that will be on a expansion.

jolle
10-23-05, 02:11 PM
doubt it.. its been too long.. but you never know..
There is Farcry Instincts in the works, but its a console game..
not a straight off port of Farcry, different.. smaller levels for one..

EDIT
oh? its confirmed is it? (I skim to much hehe)

$n][pErMan
10-23-05, 03:47 PM
Anyone else find the very end of Farcry extremely hard compaired to rest of the game? :p

anticitizenzero
10-23-05, 05:35 PM
Yea, the ending as well as that final boss was probably the hardest time I ever had to beating a FPS.

superklye
10-23-05, 05:42 PM
Great, I have an even MORE difficult encounter to look forward to...this is easily the hardest game I've ever played, and I'm playing on easy. It's just ridiculous.

$n][pErMan
10-23-05, 06:59 PM
Great, I have an even MORE difficult encounter to look forward to...this is easily the hardest game I've ever played, and I'm playing on easy. It's just ridiculous.
I played it on normal and it was a b!tch... most levels were alright... it just took some skill and thinking in order to survive and alot of reloading of check points. Overall is was very playable... but the end was horrid. Seemed to be more about luck than skill as I had to have died like 40 times before I finally won .. lol. What annoyed me was the amazing aim from across the map the enemies would have with rocket launchers. It acctually started to piss me off :p

superklye
10-23-05, 07:33 PM
[pErMan']I played it on normal and it was a b!tch... most levels were alright... it just took some skill and thinking in order to survive and alot of reloading of check points. Overall is was very playable... but the end was horrid. Seemed to be more about luck than skill as I had to have died like 40 times before I finally won .. lol. What annoyed me was the amazing aim from across the map the enemies would have with rocket launchers. It acctually started to piss me off :p
Yeah, that's just downright lame. It's not hard because of good AI, it's hard because they cheat. Yeah? Well I can cheat too, effers!

Edge
10-23-05, 08:02 PM
doubt it.. its been too long.. but you never know..
There is Farcry Instincts in the works, but its a console game..
not a straight off port of Farcry, different.. smaller levels for one..
Actually Insticts is already out, and it's a totally different game from the PC version. In fact it's pretty much a full-game-length expansion pack.

It's doubtful that they'd release a Far Cry expansion for the PC now though. The game has been out for over a year and a half, and nothing has been said about it. If it sold well enough to get an expansion, it would've been announced long ago. I don't think we'll see another Far Cry until after DX10/Vista comes out.

$n][pErMan
10-23-05, 08:35 PM
I did not even buy Farcry till last week. And thats only because it was $20 and I wanted to see how cool real HDR looked in a game (since support for HDR was added with a patch). I was very impressed by it (looks amazing)... fun game too. :) Just hard as hell (if almost impossible) toward the end as has been stated :p

einstein_314
10-23-05, 08:45 PM
Tell me about it. I started playing it on the difficulty that is harder than normal thinking oh why not. It won't be that hard. I ended up having to make a new profile with the normal difficulty and copying my saves into it to finish the game. It was ridiculous. If only there was a quick save. That would have made life so much easier.

$n][pErMan
10-23-05, 09:12 PM
If only there was a quick save. That would have made life so much easier.
Ya ... I hate checkpoints in games. I think if you use developer mode you can save anywhere. Never tried but saw a command for it...

crainger
10-23-05, 10:49 PM
I really hope Instincts does see a PC release, either as an expansion or as a budget priced game. Its extremely fun and has a far better story and a much improved multiplayer game. I've been playing it for a few days now. Its really cool stalking the mercs through the jungle following their scent trails, setting claymores and branch traps.

If you have an xbox and loved Far Cry, get Instincts. I think its way better than Halo, though I doubt it will ever be as popular

nutcrackr
10-24-05, 02:49 AM
I want anything Far Cry, I don't care if it's a sequel, a prequel, an expansion, an add-on, a spin-off. Just give me more damn Far Cry.

RealLifePixelShader
10-24-05, 02:59 AM
YES THERE WILL BE EARLY NEXT YEAR !!!!

Its all ready on one of my suppliers price lists

F_L_C
10-24-05, 04:28 AM
[pErMan']Ya ... I hate checkpoints in games. I think if you use developer mode you can save anywhere. Never tried but saw a command for it...

Dev mode is not necessary. The console command is \save_game. It works everytime except for a couple really difficult sequences (that I know of):

1) the part already discussed in this thread: when Jack says something like "I'm real good at waiting..."

2) the swamp sequence when Val is driving and you have to shoot down the other jeeps and a copter.

I hope there is FC2 or an expansion, as FC is one of my fave games without question. For the FC lovers out there that haven't tried the Matto SP mods yet, definitely try them: http://fc-kartografen.de.vu/

Matto3 is absolutely superb and Matto4 is coming (some new screens at the site).

stncttr908
10-24-05, 08:51 AM
Didn't EA snatch up CryTek? Of course there's going to be an expansion! :rolleyes:

$n][pErMan
10-24-05, 04:19 PM
Didn't EA snatch up CryTek? Of course there's going to be an expansion! :rolleyes:
Great .. and tons of bugs too :(

nutcrackr
10-24-05, 06:54 PM
They signed a dev deal, whether that means they are now working on multiple games with the same engine I don't know, it could be possible if they hired more people with their riches from Car Fry.

Darkoz
10-24-05, 07:25 PM
I hope there is FC2 or an expansion, as FC is one of my fave games without question. For the FC lovers out there that haven't tried the Matto SP mods yet, definitely try them: http://fc-kartografen.de.vu/

Matto3 is absolutely superb and Matto4 is coming (some new screens at the site).

Agreed, Matto 3 is a superb FarCry Mod and is a must for any FarCry fan, in fact I think it's actually better than the original game and has a great ending. Looking forward to the new Matto 4 Mod which promises to be even better.

Mr_LoL
10-24-05, 07:39 PM
I am still waiting for the jurassic park mod. That one sounds interesting.

superklye
10-24-05, 08:49 PM
I am still waiting for the jurassic park mod. That one sounds interesting.
yeah, I'm really excited about that. I hope it doesn't get canned... :-\

anticitizenzero
10-25-05, 12:11 AM
I hope this trend doesnt continue with devs having to remake a whole game to port it to the console

crainger
10-25-05, 11:32 PM
I hope this trend doesnt continue with devs having to remake a whole game to port it to the console

They didn't quite remake the whole thing. Ubisoft did have to change alot in the Crytek engine, but its still in there. And it does look alot like the PC version, save for the low res and lake of AA, dumber AI etc.

The biggest change is the story. I'm pretty sure Ubisoft didn't like Cryteks PC story and set out to enhance it. The story change also allowed them to add a faster more aggressive style of play suited to consoles.