PDA

View Full Version : VIVO WDM drivers with Forceware 81.85

Skyfox
10-23-05, 04:02 PM
Hi all! I just updated my GeForce 7800GT drivers up to the latest drivers from the nVidia website, version 81.85 WHQL. Sadly, after doing so the WDM driver operatiing the video capture stopped working. I could get windowsXP to detect it by removing it from the device manager and redetecting it. However, upon starting watching video through it, it will eventually freeze.

Using the WDM drivers from this website for the video capture. 4.09 and 4.13 did not work.

Using a program called Dscaler to view the video.

Currently I have had to go back to the 78.01 drivers.

Anyone have a solution for this? Aside from not updating drivers that is :)

Cheers!

OWA
10-24-05, 09:52 AM
I can't even get the drivers to install when using the 81.85s. If you check the driver feedback thread, there are others having trouble with the WMD drivers with the 81.85s. I don't recall seeing a solution posted though.

Skyfox
10-24-05, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I did actually see someone else having the trouble. Figured I'd post anyway in a more noticable place to see if anyone was aware of a solution.

I've had a reply from both nVidia and XFX on the subject. nVidia said:
"We have received another report of this and are investigating this issue. We hope to have a fix for this with the next driver release."

So I may just have to make do with 78.01 drivers until the new drivers are released.

Cheers!

iljicS
11-05-05, 11:50 AM
Using the WDM drivers from this website for the video capture. 4.09 and 4.13 did not work.

Where can I find this WDM drivers ? I'm new in NV world, I had ATi cards before, but now I own a 7800GT and like to use the Video-in fucntion !
Thx for any help !

OWA
11-05-05, 12:01 PM
On the CD that came with your card or you can download them on the nvidia website. But, they don't seem to work with the 81.xx drivers so you'll probably have to use the 7x.xx drivers for now if you want to use the video-in function.

iljicS
11-05-05, 01:33 PM
I have an ASUS 7800GT card, but the driver CD doesn't contain any WDM driver, only the User's manual have a short chapter about the installation of this driver.
I found the 4.09 dirver on NV website, but I was unable to find the v4.13. And 4.09 is under "GeForce series 6", will it work with my card too ?

Demigod
11-06-05, 04:13 AM
On ever driver before the 8 series yes, but the deinterlaceing performance is abysmal. It works ok in ktv! with simple backbuffers on but dscaler and most other deinterlace programms dont offer this option.

NV need to update the wmd to work with newer drivers but their update speed for wmd is about 1 driver per year. Id hoped they would ipdate sooner now that all the gt's and gtx's have vivo but obviously not.

I emailed some review sites about this toi ask them to raise it with nvidia (not here) as my mailing them didnt do anything but Ive had no emails back and it has not been mentioned in any review. Perhaps I should email the inq?