PDA

View Full Version : Rtcw2

Pages : [1] 2

Superfly
10-23-05, 06:43 PM
From ID: Utilizing a revolutionary new graphics technology targeted specifically at next generation hardware, the new Wolfenstein experience will draw players into a seamless world of unmatched exploration, action, and espionage.

I cant believe I only just read this - its dated the 6th of October so im sure its old news to most, just cant belive I just found out RTCW is comming back!!!

oh - and being made by Raven too!!! :D (Ghoul3 engine would be nice)

Quote: and we've turned to our friends at Raven Software to help us create something really special.

http://www.idsoftware.com/

I LOVED RTCW - It was awesome - that flamethrower!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: still the best flamefhrower in any game ever to this day - just brilliant.

Sazar
10-23-05, 06:46 PM
:thumbsup:

Good news this :D

I loved RtCW and the resultant ET was fabulous too :D

ClosetFanBoy
10-23-05, 06:49 PM
man i totally loved rtcw. i just hope they keep the original rtcw mp somewhat intact. never really cared for et.

im happy to see they are handing projects over to raven. halfway thru q4 is when they really seemed to get to know the engine and start to shine. i really cant wait to see this badboy materialize.

superklye
10-23-05, 06:50 PM
So another new engine from ID already, huh? Criggidy crazy.

Superfly
10-23-05, 07:00 PM
JC said at quakecon that ID were already working on their own in house project (not another sequel but a new game entirely using a new engine).

I dont think the new RTCW wil use that engine though as its not gonna be even close to being ready yet, I think they will be using the D3 engine with QuakeWars "megatexture" tech to allow for big outdoors areas etc - just guesing though.....

Lazaredz
10-23-05, 07:01 PM
You know, I never really played RTCW ... looks like I have another game after FEAR ... that and Dues Ex 2 (got it for $8) ... WWWEEEEEEE!!!!!

ClosetFanBoy
10-23-05, 07:25 PM
i do recall sometime back reading carmack was totally "tweeking" the d3 engine, but then again didnt he make a comment on a new engine and not expecting it to take years to develope this time?

GamerGuyX
10-23-05, 07:41 PM
Old news:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57616&highlight=wolfenstein+xbox+360

This is primarily an Xbox 360 release especially seeing as how the 360 is now Carmack's platform of choice.

Sazar
10-23-05, 07:45 PM
You know, I never really played RTCW ... looks like I have another game after FEAR ... that and Dues Ex 2 (got it for $8) ... WWWEEEEEEE!!!!!

RtCW is awesome. Looks good even today.

DE2 I just never really got into :(

I loved the first edition but the second one is lamer than lame IMO.

And it looks crap.

Get XIII and enjoy :cool:

Hex
10-23-05, 11:44 PM
I saw this announced for the 360, I do hope they do not neglect pc

jAkUp
10-23-05, 11:56 PM
Yea I just hope we don't get some limited console port..

GamerGuyX
10-24-05, 12:01 AM
Yea I just hope we don't get some limited console port..

Hey if Carmack is choosing the 360 as his new platform of choice then you should know the word "limited" no longer goes hand-in-hand with consoles.

jAkUp
10-24-05, 12:03 AM
What I mean is the movement, the UI, etc.

I know the graphics will be great, but console gamers still use a gamepad, so, us PC Gamers sometimes suffer because of that.

Mr. Hunt
10-24-05, 12:34 AM
I guess I am the only person that absolutely HATED RTCW... I couldn't stand it and never could finish it because I would play through and then uninstall it... then later I would reinstall it and get just a little further and quit again because it got too boring.

Superfly
10-24-05, 08:46 AM
man you guys need to learn to chill out enjoy these announcments.

sheesh, I hate whinny kids.

SH64
10-24-05, 09:01 AM
Whats the point if it turn out to be X360 exclusive ? :(

Superfly
10-24-05, 10:33 AM
Whats the point if it turn out to be X360 exclusive ? :(

The point is the press release clearly states this game is in development for both 360 and PC.

its there in black and white dude - follow the link in the 1st post.

I seriously doubt ID or Raven would ever release a PC game that did'nt measure up to its console equivilent - just chill out guys.

hazindu
10-24-05, 11:52 AM
I loved rtcw's online play, but the single player game sucked imo. I just hope the new one doesn't have one of those dumbass if anyone sees you game over stealth missions.

ENU291
10-24-05, 01:21 PM
I loved rtcw's online play, but the single player game sucked imo. I just hope the new one doesn't have one of those dumbass if anyone sees you game over stealth missions.
QFMFT!!!!

Idoru
10-24-05, 01:31 PM
I guess I am the only person that absolutely HATED RTCW... I couldn't stand it and never could finish it because I would play through and then uninstall it... then later I would reinstall it and get just a little further and quit again because it got too boring.

God yes, the gameplay was even more hopelessly retro than Doom3...! Having failed to finish+uninstalled the last two id-associated games I've tried, I'm really hoping Quake4 will be third time lucky. Got to beat F.E.A.R. first of course :D

chowells
11-28-05, 07:30 AM

You're missing out. Great game. Played it first before I had my own PC on my dad's system -- Pentium II 300MHz. Had to rip out the Matrox Millennium II since it couldn't do OpenGL and put in a cheap ATI Rage Pro.

Despite the minimum requirements being a Pentium II 450 I managed to complete it. Ah the memories :)

Gaco
11-28-05, 08:37 AM
Oh yeah I remember RtCW.. It was released in december some year, and a few months later (in february if I'm not mistaken) Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was released for the PC and blew RtCW totally out of the water :)

Superfly
11-28-05, 08:48 AM
Oh yeah I remember RtCW.. It was released in december some year, and a few months later (in february if I'm not mistaken) Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was released for the PC and blew RtCW totally out of the water :)

Really, I remember RTCW being released and being amazed by the games diversity and level of polish, shortly afterwards MOHAA was released which somehow managed to look grey in every scene and contained no blood what so ever - lol WWII with no blood!!!!!!!!!(something BF2 lacks also)

It also managed to have the worst ending (or lack of ending) in gaming history.

still - each to there own.

six_storm
11-28-05, 09:48 AM
Nice news to hear. I remember getting my last OEM PC from Gateway with a GeForce 4 FINALLY being able to play RTCW. Haha! I'm sure that ID won't make an entirely new engine, but they will prolly just pull some major tw3akage to the D3 engine. Can't wait!

Gaco
11-28-05, 12:12 PM
Really, I remember RTCW being released and being amazed by the games diversity and level of polish, shortly afterwards MOHAA was released which somehow managed to look grey in every scene and contained no blood what so ever - lol WWII with no blood!!!!!!!!!(something BF2 lacks also)

It also managed to have the worst ending (or lack of ending) in gaming history.

still - each to there own.

A bloodpatch was released, that was a few days after release as I recall.. The greytone made the game have a harsh and realistic tone IMO. Anyway I may have exaggerated a little there, but I still preferred MoHAA's multiplayer by a mile, while RtWC wasn't exactly bad either...