PDA

View Full Version : Now this would have impressed me

DJMONDY
10-24-05, 03:45 AM
If the dead or alive girls had looked like this on the xbox 360.

Dont get me wrong the game does look great and i know they arnt meant to look this real but it would have been so much more impressive. chek em out.

jolle
10-24-05, 04:53 AM
I would have been impressed by a beer that would contain all the nutrience I need for the day.. but here we are, i still have to eat.

msxyz
10-24-05, 06:29 AM
DOA has an anime look in it. While the bodies does not look much better on the new generation of hardware (because they're stylized, not trying to be real human bodies), textures and environments surely improved a lot switching from the Xbox to the Xbox 360.

It's just a matter of choices.

A potential real problem for next gen consoles will be that graphics are so close to reality that they will fall right into the "uncanny valley": any minor imperfection is usally perceived by our brain as a major flaw/distortion and much less aceepted than a stylized, primitive attempt at portraying reality through lesser technologies.

Toss3
10-24-05, 09:18 AM
A potential real problem for next gen consoles will be that graphics are so close to reality that they will fall right into the "uncanny valley": any minor imperfection is usally perceived by our brain as a major flaw/distortion and much less aceepted than a stylized, primitive attempt at portraying reality through lesser technologies.

You're probably talking about the next-next-gen right? Of course we notice when games have graphic "flaws"; we're used to better graohics than for example a 2d tree! Now who wouldn't recognize that? You can't though compare a game, yet, to reality, only to older games; you'd find a million flaws!

Vagrant Zero
10-24-05, 12:23 PM
In the thumbnails I couldn't tell those weren't real women. That's awesome.

Bad_Boy
10-24-05, 04:48 PM
that would of impressed any heterosexual man. and if any next gen console could produce graphics like that, id buy it on the spot for a reasonable price.

evilchris
10-24-05, 05:59 PM
I would have been impressed by a beer that would contain all the nutrience I need for the day.. but here we are, i still have to eat.

I've been drinking Guinness as a meal replacement for years, works for me.

Tygerwoody
10-27-05, 11:12 AM
I've been drinking Guinness as a meal replacement for years, works for me.
same here :D

sytaylor
10-27-05, 03:33 PM
DOA4 is a new game rather than a graphical showcase. I guess by aiming low they were sure to hit launch and 60FPS, not a bad choice all things considered. Don't you think its wierd how in those shot sthey look kinda lifeless though? I think that could end up happening when graphics become "almost" photo-real. We'll start complaining because they don't "feel" right in a creepy way.