PDA

View Full Version : FEAR - question about ending **SPOILERS**

Pages : [1] 2

Rayman1968
10-24-05, 12:17 PM
** This will contain info about the game, don't read any further if you want surprises **

Ok, I finished the game but am a little confused about how everything is tied together. Probably because I wasn't paying enough attention to the dialog toward the end of the game.

Am I one of the prototypes? How exactly is Alma related to Alica Wade and her dad? Is Paxton Fettel Alma's son?

jAkUp
10-24-05, 12:19 PM
Alma is your mom. Paxton is your brother.

Alma was a physic at 8 years old. They did a bunch of crazy tests on her for a few years. At 15 years old they enduced labor on her since she was in a coma. They used Wade's sperm. AKA Alma's dad.

You were one of the test subjects. Paxton Fettel was one of the other tests subjects. He eats people to get information form them. He also communicates to clone soldiers to wreck havok, since Alma'a pissed.

They pulled the plug on the entire project a few days later, and Alma died in her cell... or did she? ;)

Rayman1968
10-24-05, 01:16 PM
Is the older Wade my father? If they used the older Wade's sperm in Alma (which was his daughter) the babies are technically a result of incest?

Alice has a different mother?

Lol, this reads like a crazy soap-opera...

jAkUp
10-24-05, 01:39 PM
Yea Alice has an actual mother, just like Alma. Alma was artifically inseminated with Wade's sperm... the player and Fettel are a result of incest.

At least, that is how the story goes on everything I have been reading.

Gaco
10-24-05, 03:33 PM
How do you know that Fettles collects information by eating individuals? :)

jAkUp
10-24-05, 03:35 PM
It says that in the comic book that comes with the Limited Edition DVD>

Rayman1968
10-24-05, 04:42 PM
So this comic book is the same story as the game?

Gaco
10-24-05, 05:46 PM

I got a DVD edition, but that seems to be a standard here en Europe? Anyway the package didn't include any comicbook.. How long is it?

Edge
10-24-05, 06:17 PM
Holy crap, I wouldn't have even realized that my Director's Edition came with a comic book if you didn't mention that. I glanced over it when I first went through the package, I thought it was just a reference guide or something. It's a kinda neat comic booklet (if extremely short), it fleshes out the into sequence pretty well. Does seem to imply what you said too..."Your tongue can lie...but your flesh will tell me everything". Freaky...but I guess it's handy being able to learn while you eat :)

anticitizenzero
10-25-05, 01:14 AM
I think that clip at the ending about how 1 subject was a sucess, they were refering to your character meaning that someone this F.E.A.R group your in is a way of testing you. They never really did go into how you got into F.E.A.R

Lfctony
10-25-05, 01:48 AM
It was conveniently arranged to happen just before they had to resolve the incident. They saw it as a chance to test their experiment.

Lazaredz
10-25-05, 01:56 PM
I might end up rambling here, so just try to stay with me. :)

As I understand it Alma was part of a psychic program that originated in the 1950s. They never really said HOW she became part of that project or when. Just that she was 8 when she was brought into it and it was speculated that her disturbances/nightmares were psychic in nature. Wether or not she was bread for the program or they just happened upon her is unclear.

She remained under lock and key and was subject to many experiments. Due to her uncontrolled power, isolation, and experimentation she went mad and became more and more dangerous and powerful.

At age 15 she was enduced into a coma to control her. She was then enseminated. The source of the sperm is not known (it was originally thought Dr. Wade was the doner, but you find out later that is not true). She carries to term and is enduced into labor. She awakens during labor and lashes out killing people around her. Her child is taken away and Alma is locked up again "dying" 6 days later. It is not stated if Alma's child is a boy or girl or if she has just one.

The program Alma was in is shut down and the site is locked up.

ATC buys the site later. Jacquline (???) reopens the site without discussing with Dr. Wade. She is attempting to restart/salvage the program. The team she sends in there dies. Paxton Fettel (who is being held at an ATC facility) has a "sycronicity event" (we see with Alma) and goes mad/on a rampage to avenge/free Alma. He learn that he is one of Alma's sons (and so are you). He apparently had been doing "well" in ATC's psychic comander/clone army project till this time.

Fettel is now trying to use Alice (Wade's daughter) as a bargining chip to get Wade to admit to his place in this grizzly past and free Alma. Wade's guilt has gotten the best of him and he "cannot forget the past" no matter how hard he tries, so he decides to do " the right thing" and face Alma/let her go. Jacquline just wants to gain what she can from the program and cover it up. This includes testing another prototype of the program (suggested to be you). The RTFM guy was just a lackey doing Jacquiline's bidding.

At the end Alma is released, Fettel is dead (supposedly), Wade is dead, Alice is dead (supposedly) and you blow the place to kingdom come. Alma then attacks the chopper.

Questions are:

1. WTF happened to the bald guy??? I forgot his name, but he was with you on the first mission and then disappeared. Did I miss something? You never found out anything else about what happened to him.

2. Where did Alma come from? Was she just born this way? Was she bread for this express reason? Was she taken into the project or was the project started for her?

3. If you and Fettel are Alma's sons, are you twins? If not, who is older and when did the other pregnancy happen? Why can Alma read Fettel's mind and not yours? Why did she reach out to Fettel instead of you?

4. Where did you come from? You were dropped into FEAR convieniantly right as the Fettel thing was happening, but where were you before that? Do you have ANY memories? Were you part of a program like Fettel or maybe under experiment like Alma?

5. What was up with the water thing? Okay, so something was leaking out of the old Origin sight and contaminating the water but what? Was it dangerous? Was it done on purpose? What it because of Jaquiline opening the vault??

6. Was Fettel and his group of psychic commandoes the only ones? Are there others in other locations? Are they clones of Fettel? Clones of you? Is there more than one type of clone or are they all of the same person?

Anywho, there it is (as I see it). Please feel free to discuss or correct.

Gaco
10-25-05, 03:03 PM
It is not stated if Alma's child is a boy or girl or if she has just one.

I am very sure that YOU (the player) and Fettle are her two children, which means that you and Fettle are brothers. This should also answer your question #4 (have you been sleeping or something? Both in the start and later on we saw Mr. Wade saying "you will be a god among men", and the second time we saw Alma lying in a bed beside your bed screaming "Where are you taking him? Noooo!!!").

Secondly I think we DO know that Alma was created artificially with Wade's sperm (though we do not know which mother donated the egg). That's how I understood it. That should answer #2.

#3: Because you were somehow contained/controlled or possibly already in the FEAR unit. Either option's probable. Anyway she reached out to Fettle because he was in a position where he could control the other clones, you were not (and possibly he also had the training to be their commander).

#1: We don't know what happened to the fat guy, if that's him you mean.

As answer to your question number 6, I'm pretty sure that we were told somewhere, possibly multiple times throughout the story that there are only two prototypes: you and fettle (and perhaps Alma if you count her, I don't think they do, and anyway that makes a maximum amount of three prototypes).

#5: EDIT: Someone on another board gave a fairly resonable explaination of the water contamination thing. It was something like this:

The affected area had an unsually high diseaserate among the residents and meny of them moved away. At first they thought it was because of the social structure, infrastructure, and all factors that usally make a quarter unwelcoming. The people you hear in the memos had been assigned to do some research of what made all the people move away, and one of the theories was contamination of the drinking water. But as we later got to know was all the people's mental ailment a result from all the thoughts that the extremely trauma-suffering Alma emitted from her cell deep beneath the ground - exactly in this quarter -, she was quite so an extremely powerful "telepathian" (or whatever you call it). I think that sounds reasonable :)

#6: We don't know and somehow I don't think it's that important to the story =)

Lazaredz
10-25-05, 03:39 PM
I am very sure that YOU (the player) and Fettle are her two children, which means that you and Fettle are brothers. This should also answer your question #4 (have you been sleeping or something? Both in the start and later on we saw Mr. Wade saying "you will be a god among men", and the second time we saw Alma lying in a bed beside your bed screaming "Where are you taking him? Noooo!!!").

While I agree that it is implied that you are one of Alma's children, is it true? Or is Alma/Fettel making you THINK that. Again, when was the second pregnancy or are you twins? Perhaps Fettel is Alma's only TRUE child and you are a clone of him???

Secondly I think we DO know that Alma was created artificially with Wade's sperm (though we do not know which mother donated the egg). That's how I understood it. That should answer #2.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that while initially your commander assumes that Wade is the donor he later learns (and relates to you) that in fact Wade was NOT the donor. So who was? Or was there multiple/combined donors?

Because you were somehow contained/controlled or possibly already in the FEAR unit. Either option's probable. Anyway she reached out to Fettle because he was in a position where he could control the other clones, you were not (and possibly he also had the training to be their commander).

Right, so where WERE you? That is what I meant by "where did you come from?". Were you on ice for the last 30 years? Were you in control of your own group? Did they memory wipe you and drop you into FEAR? Did your FEAR commander know about any of this?

#1: We don't know what happened to the fat guy, if that's him you mean.

Actually I was talking about your first FEAR partner. The BALD one. The guy who found the first body with you. I assume the RTFM guy died when the reactor exploded at the end, but then again he does have a knack for getting out of situations.

As answer to your question number 6, I'm pretty sure that we were told somewhere, possibly multiple times throughout the story that there are only two prototypes: you and fettle (and perhaps Alma if you count her, I don't think they do, and anyway that makes a maximum amount of three prototypes).

I'd like to be shown where it states Fettel and the player are the only 2 prototypes. In fact, in the opening phone call to the senator, the woman states that Fettel has "taken control of the prototypes" so obviously the word prototype is being used on various levels, the clone soldiers and the psychic program.

I didn't quite get that watercontamination thing either. Would be happy if someone explained :)

Good. As long as it wasn't just me then.

We don't know and somehow I don't think it's that important to the story =)

Sure its important, maybe not right now though ... :)

jAkUp
10-25-05, 04:11 PM
Your fear partner died.

If you watch the walkthrough video, they say that originally you would discover him dead. They later change that to make it implied.

Also, there was a 3rd prototype hinted on.

Lfctony
10-25-05, 04:13 PM
I think Alma is Wade's real daughter, the sperm donor was supposedly Wade when they impregnated her, but it was later revealed not true. It's a big twist as well, since it's revealed he did all those experiments on his own child.

Gaco
10-25-05, 04:21 PM
While I agree that it is implied that you are one of Alma's children, is it true? Or is Alma/Fettel making you THINK that. Again, when was the second pregnancy or are you twins? Perhaps Fettel is Alma's only TRUE child and you are a clone of him???

Actually, I'm pretty sure that while initially your commander assumes that Wade is the donor he later learns (and relates to you) that in fact Wade was NOT the donor. So who was? Or was there multiple/combined donors?

Right, so where WERE you? That is what I meant by "where did you come from?". Were you on ice for the last 30 years? Were you in control of your own group? Did they memory wipe you and drop you into FEAR? Did your FEAR commander know about any of this?

Actually I was talking about your first FEAR partner. The BALD one. The guy who found the first body with you. I assume the RTFM guy died when the reactor exploded at the end, but then again he does have a knack for getting out of situations.

I'd like to be shown where it states Fettel and the player are the only 2 prototypes. In fact, in the opening phone call to the senator, the woman states that Fettel has "taken control of the prototypes" so obviously the word prototype is being used on various levels, the clone soldiers and the psychic program.

Good. As long as it wasn't just me then.

Sure its important, maybe not right now though ... :)

I edited my other post about the watercontamination-issue :)

As I see it it is just as likely that you're a clone of Fettle than being born by Alma herself. Perhaps we'll know in FEAR 2 if they make that game, perhaps never. Unless some super-attentive player here at NVnews noticed something?

I don't remember anything about the commander getting new information on the "did-wade-donate-the-semen"-issue, but I'd like to get confirmation/dismissal of this by other who've played the game?

As for where you were and what you did before the game started is not known for certain. I can imagine that they've had you on ice /cryosleep / whatever with the project being set on hold and all of that, and also that they tried to wipe you memory before sending you into the F.E.A.R. training camp. Or perhaps you simply didn't have any past memories or lost the few you had for a natural reason (being frozen and all that, assuming that's what happened).

I don't remember seeing the bald guy besides from the first few levels. Why do you think he was down in the complex when the reactor exploded?

I don't remember where we got to know that, at least the commander said, there are only 2 prototypes. But then again, of course he's no god or anything. I remember that he first thought there was only one prototype - Fettel. Then we came across a computer that mentioned Fettle as "the second prototype", and the commander sounded surprised over this saying "the first one must have been a failure" or something, I don't exactly remember. Indirectly or directly, I'm pretty sure you are led to believe that there are 2 prototypes , but then again I'm beginning to remember something about some short talk about a third prototype, but that's not really clear in my memory, could be a memory allocation error in my RAM :)

Gaco
10-25-05, 04:23 PM
Your fear partner died.

If you watch the walkthrough video, they say that originally you would discover him dead. They later change that to make it implied.

Also, there was a 3rd prototype hinted on.

Ah! Where? How?

Lfctony
10-25-05, 04:24 PM
I believe you were born normally, as your memories show. "God among men..." etc etc.

Lazaredz
10-25-05, 04:32 PM
I believe you were born normally, as your memories show. "God among men..." etc etc.

Ah, but as Fettel said "are they my memories ... or hers?" impling that memories could be confused. Since your somehow related to Alma/Fettel, who's to say those memories ARE yours??

Oh, and Gaco: Your mixing the Fat/RTFM/tech guy up with your first partner from FEAR. I was originally asking about your PARTNER not the fat/tech guy. It was never explained what happened to your partner, just that he vanished. Apparently in the DVD they say that he died and originally you found his remains but cut it for some reason.

Where does everyone keep getting that Alma is Wade's daughter??? Did I miss something???

jAkUp
10-25-05, 04:48 PM
Alma Wade

Lazaredz
10-25-05, 04:54 PM
Alma Wade

Okay, but WHERE/WHEN do they mention that? I never heard her called anything but Alma.

Then the question becomes, is it REALLY his daughter? Was she just a normal child who became psychic? Was she part of an experiment to produce a psychic and they used names to track the donors? Meaning the woman who's DNA was used first name was Alma and the man's DNA was from Wade (or if the result was a male use the male donor's first name and the female donor's last name). Did he just "find/produce" her on his own and then explain her away as "his daughter" to answer initial questions of where she came from? Where is Alma's mother then? Was she psychic?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

jAkUp
10-25-05, 04:59 PM
Remember the video that shows the baby being taken away? It has the folder on the desk that says "Alma Wade" on it.

I can't believe you missed that :)

Gaco
10-25-05, 05:11 PM
Ah, but as Fettel said "are they my memories ... or hers?" impling that memories could be confused. Since your somehow related to Alma/Fettel, who's to say those memories ARE yours??

Oh, and Gaco: Your mixing the Fat/RTFM/tech guy up with your first partner from FEAR. I was originally asking about your PARTNER not the fat/tech guy. It was never explained what happened to your partner, just that he vanished. Apparently in the DVD they say that he died and originally you found his remains but cut it for some reason.

Where does everyone keep getting that Alma is Wade's daughter??? Did I miss something???

No read my post again, i DO realize you're talking about your partner from the first levels, but why do you think he'd be in the exploding complex in the end?

Gaco
10-25-05, 05:11 PM
All in all I think that F.E.A.R. definently deserves another playthrough sometime. I'll just give it a rest for now.

BTW jAkUp please scan the comic :D